Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the few in the squad who has played in every game. Along with Stones and Fernandinho.

And to think @Neville Kneville was worried about him being dropped ;-).

Aguero = 805 total minutes. (PL min 66%)
Jesus = 892 (60%)
Raz = 824 (59%)
Sane = 813 (63%)

Pretty much nailed my projections from a month ago. Pep's doing a phenomenal job of man management.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/t...-18-performances.329626/page-21#post-10488445

Trust my projections @Andrew___K ! Data + previous years results have good projection value like I was saying! Football is fairly easy to project compared to the other major sports. Especially for total points in the league.

Last edited:
And to think @Neville Kneville was worried about him being dropped ;-).

Aguero = 805 total minutes. (PL min 66%)
Jesus = 892 (60%)
Raz = 824 (59%)
Sane = 813 (63%)

Pretty much nailed my projections from a month ago. Pep's doing a phenomenal job of man management.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/t...-18-performances.329626/page-21#post-10488445

Trust my projections @Andrew___K ! Data + previous years results have good projection value like I was saying! Football is fairly easy to project compared to the other major sports. Especially for total points in the league.

I was concerned about why he was getting such a small amount of game time early doors as it seemed unusual & he didn't look very happy about it.

It was, as Pep explained,unusual, he was being deliberately left out due to his condition, on returning from the summer break & his pre season,not being good enough, an explanation I was happy with, which is now, no longer relevant.

I was also concerned that signing Sanchez, would interfere with the game time of Sterling & Sane, at a time when they needed to step up a level. Luckily, we have missed that & both are scoring more goals than he is, along with Jesus & Aguero.

I was concerned about why he was getting such a small amount of game time early doors as it seemed unusual & he didn't look very happy about it.

It was, as Pep explained,unusual, he was being deliberately left out due to his condition, on returning from the summer break & his pre season,not being good enough, an explanation I was happy with, which is now, no longer relevant.

I was also concerned that signing Sanchez, would interfere with the game time of Sterling & Sane, at a time when they needed to step up a level. Luckily, we have missed that & both are scoring more goals than he is, along with Jesus & Aguero.

I’ve gone back and forth with Sanchez a 100 times. I don’t really want him but it’s necessary I think. The man management is going extremely well as of now but like you said Sane isn’t content on the bench and Raz needs to be playing regularly. If we don’t sign Sanchez we’re putting a lot of stock in staying injury free. I know you thought Brahim and Bernardo could handle that 5th forward spot but I’m not sure we’ll go that route.

We’re banging them in now but how many chances did Leroy, Kun, and Raz miss vs wolves? Even if say Raz + Sane are fine taking a bit of a backseat for half a season then we’re right back to square one next season if Kun leaves.

I’d love another young, fast attacking forward that’s content getting 5th most minutes instead of Sanchez. Somebody like say Sancho ffs.

I’ve gone back and forth with Sanchez a 100 times. I don’t really want him but it’s necessary I think. The man management is going extremely well as of now but like you said Sane isn’t content on the bench and Raz needs to be playing regularly. If we don’t sign Sanchez we’re putting a lot of stock in staying injury free. I know you thought Brahim and Bernardo could handle that 5th forward spot but I’m not sure we’ll go that route.

We’re banging them in now but how many chances did Leroy, Kun, and Raz miss vs wolves? Even if say Raz + Sane are fine taking a bit of a backseat for half a season then we’re right back to square one next season if Kun leaves.

I’d love another young, fast attacking forward that’s content getting 5th most minutes instead of Sanchez. Somebody like say Sancho ffs.

There is no guarantee Sanchez would score those chances either. If it's 'one of those nights' it usually just happens that way, irrespective & Sane only came on later.

I'm gutted about Sancho going, but Foden is now stepping up to the same or better level. It's just unfortunate timing, that he's currently with England, where imo, he's head & shoulders the best player I've seen in any side, (although I haven't watched Spain much so far) & unfortunately, Sancho was probably the second best.

The striker will probably get all the credit for England, but Foden is their KDB, he's on another level entirely. He probably would have got on, v Wolves.

Re Sane, I think he's made his mark now, so if we did sign Sanchez in Jan, he would be more of a problem re gametime, for Bernardo Silva & Gundogan,rather than Sane/Sterling, as they are now established as being too good to leave out for any length of time.

There is no guarantee Sanchez would score those chances either. If it's 'one of those nights' it usually just happens that way, irrespective & Sane only came on later.

I'm gutted about Sancho going, but Foden is now stepping up to the same or better level. It's just unfortunate timing, that he's currently with England, where imo, he's head & shoulders the best player I've seen in any side, (although I haven't watched Spain much so far) & unfortunately, Sancho was probably the second best.

The striker will probably get all the credit for England, but Foden is their KDB, he's on another level entirely. He probably would have got on, v Wolves.

Re Sane, I think he's made his mark now, so if we did sign Sanchez in Jan, he would be more of a problem re gametime, for Bernardo Silva & Gundogan,rather than Sane/Sterling, as they are now established as being too good to leave out for any length of time.

That picture of Foden surrounded by four Brazilians brought a smile to my face. How sweet was the timing of Brahims injury and the WC to ruin a perfect shot for both of them btw? Fingers crossed for drawing Bristol City at home.

That’s a good shout on Sanchez competing with Gundo/Silva which would take away some of the worry with Raz/Sane. The issue there is that people were agaitated with KDB at times last year for losing the ball and it’ll pop up here too. But hey strengths and weaknesses and all that. Peps problem.

The only serious argument that’d I’d press on for signing Sanchez is from a worry of a catastrophic injury to GJ or Sane.. or god forbid a combo of both GJ/Kun or Sane/Raz at the same time. Remember KDB’s first season where everything ran through him and he missed 8 or so games and we almost finished 5th because of it and couldn’t score a goal?

Obviously that’s a different squad and planning things with a scared mindset is a horrible mistake but it could be a factor to tip it the decision.

It’s a fascinating debate and if the decision is as marginal as it looks then probably doesn’t matter all too much either way in the long run.

My head is saying pass but my gut is saying picking him up is the right play. I’m not big on gut decisions but on the rare occasion that it pops up I trust it.

Anyway, I think we could go on and on at playing devils advocate here so I’ll let you get the last word in if you’d like because the off topic moaners will be here shortly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.