What is the oldest song or chant that City fans sing?

And number 1 was Meredith and number 2 was Meredith and number 3 was Meredith.. and so on. I remember it well when I was a kid. ;-)

In Dublin's fair city
Where the girls are so pretty
I first set my eyes on sweet Johnny Crossan
As he wheeled his wheelbarrow
Through streets broad and narrow
Singing....2,4,6, 8 etc.

You wouldn't get away with the sweet Johnny reference now, and he came from Derry.

You’re not fit to wear the shirtttt...

What the fuck is going onnnnn...

Sack the board sack the board sack the board...

I always did the love the song I remember singing as a kid a lot, not heard it for ages:

It was wonderful beautiful the colour was laser blue I wore it proudly round my neck at Chelsea and Man U
My father was a city fan my grandfather before
And at Maine road I loved to wear the scarf my father wore

We'll drink a drink a drink to Colin the king the king the king

To the tune of Lily the pink

Whenever the team or crowd needed a lift, The kippax’s imploring cry of “Helen, Helen ring your bell” (and Helen’s answering chimes of encouragement) will always be a very special memory to those of us of a certain age.

Last edited:
we love you billy we do
We love you billy we do
We love you billy we do
Ohhh billy meredith we love you

The 'He's here, he's there, he's every F***ing where, Neil McNab (or whoever fit for each generation)' may well have been sung in one form or another decades earlier. I have a drawing/cartoon style match report from about 1910 which has drawings of Eadie and next to it the words 'Eadie was here, there and every where'. I like to think the song was sung back then (maybe with bloody or blinking instead of the F word).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.