Colonoscopy

Moviprep was the worst part of the experience for me too. Didn't think the taste was that bad, but the result coming out of the other end was biblical.

The taste and texture made me want to gag. I had the lemon flavour. I was like a salty, gloopy lemon drink.

Like you said, it certainly cleans you out. Think I spent about 2 hours solid on the loo.

Hope it works out for you mate. When I had my op I had 2/3rd my bowel removed and woke up with a bag. Hard to get your head around it at first but soon adapted to life with a bag which was better than being tied to a toilet. Had mine reversed 15 months later was in two minds as there were question marks as to whether it would be a success or not. Tbh I have my good and bad days and if I had to have a bag permanently I would not have minded.

Hope you have more good than bad days - chatted to a mate whose mum has a bag and he says same takes time but you adapt, I think I'm mentally prepared for it if it comes to the worst as been expecting it since April - will see how it goes as I tell people like think I'm going in hoping for best prepared for worst

They offer you sedation, i have had it done with and without didn't notice much difference to be honest, never any mention of being put to sleep though
Hmm thats interesting mate
I have to have one every year (due to polyps)
Here in Oz they just anaesthetise you without asking you whether you want that.
I would hate to go cold turkey Id worry too much about sudden pain, and I love being put to sleep for an hour.

I would hate to go cold turkey Id worry too much about sudden pain, and I love being put to sleep for an hour.
Also have you facing the monitor so that you can watch the camera on its journey into the deep

Have polys but never offered yearly investigation, Britain hey, don't give a shit, trying to bump us off, save on the pension bill !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.