Opposition Crowds Applauding City

Didsbury Dave

There's an old story about the season we won the league in 68. As we left the pitch at Reading, the tannoy man said "Let's hear it for the best team in England" and the whole ground applauded. I think we are starting to see signs of this happening again, and it always gives me a great buzz. It doesn't happen very often.

I can remember watching England v Georgia in a pub full of City fans, and most of us were more interested in Kinkladze than England. He played brilliantly and I remember the whole Wembley crowd applauding him off.

I also remember when we won at Newcastle in 2012 and our players came over to the fans at the end of the game applauding them. I was in with the Newcastle fans and they all gave our team a warm round of applause.

I noticed it at Leicester the other week, too. As KDB was substituted he was applauded by their fans.

I've seen our fans do it too. The great ARsenal team who absolutely tonked us at Maine Road were applauded, and I remember Bolton once winning the First division at Maine Road and being congratulated at full time.

I reckon we are going to see more and more of this if we keep up our form and football.

I haven't come across any non-City football fan who has in the first instance alluded to the quality of football we play and the quality of our players. It might be that I don't speak to certain fans, but it's invariably the money that gets a mention first, and I've had some people state as their opening comment after I've told them I'm a City fan -" Manchester City? I can't stand them!''

There's an old story about the season we won the league in 68. As we left the pitch at Reading, the tannoy man said "Let's hear it for the best team in England" and the whole ground applauded. I think we are starting to see signs of this happening again, and it always gives me a great buzz. It doesn't happen very often.

I can remember watching England v Georgia in a pub full of City fans, and most of us were more interested in Kinkladze than England. He played brilliantly and I remember the whole Wembley crowd applauding him off.

I also remember when we won at Newcastle in 2012 and our players came over to the fans at the end of the game applauding them. I was in with the Newcastle fans and they all gave our team a warm round of applause.

I noticed it at Leicester the other week, too. As KDB was substituted he was applauded by their fans.

I've seen our fans do it too. The great ARsenal team who absolutely tonked us at Maine Road were applauded, and I remember Bolton once winning the First division at Maine Road and being congratulated at full time.

I reckon we are going to see more and more of this if we keep up our form and football.

Someone beat you to it DD ;-)

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/rival-supporters-enjoying-our-football.331013/page-14

Following the 7-0 win in the FA Cup 3rd round replay (yes, replay. the first game at Maine Road ended 0-0) in 1968, the announcer at Reading said "You have been privileged to watch what is obviously the finest team in the country".

mtqxwz.jpg

Last edited:
i was in the stands when arsenal turned up and roasted us in the first half and many city fans did clap arsenal after the final whistle they was outstanding that day

Was lucky enough to witness the '68 team after the 4-3 win at Newcastle their supporters were brilliant congratulating us and saying how we deserved the title the ' 68 team was put together for buttons and the last all English team to win the title , our current team apparently is full of mercenaries and fueled by oil money , if you really think this team will be applauded by opposition supporters you are deluded. Football has changed , supporters/fans have changed too much hate , jealousy and envy in the game now, i would be happy if our own supporters stayed to the end to applaud the team instead of f*cking off with ten minutes to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.