West Ham Post Match Thread

Spot on. If what we’ve seen in recent weeks is the way football is played in this country from now on then it’ll be the death of the game. Disgusting to see the tactics Moyes employed today.

It's lauded by the media, not merely acceptable but the best way to play against city so you dont get spanked. I'm sure if the pundits and broader media were less forgiving when teams employ these tactics it will happen less.

Good result despite our form (performance level not results) being bang average. There are so many games coming up I imagine something is being left in the tank so we don't burn out. Danilo was unfortunate in being switched around but he has a lot to do to prove himself. Delph is emerging as our unsung hero.

Gabriel sent out a message to all with eyes and ears: Christmas is coming

Need to start with 2 up front against these Park the bus sides at home. Don’t need a back 4 and holding midfielder against teams who have 10 men behind the ball.

An early goal would help as that would mean they would have to change their game plan and attack a little which would open them up for our attack

I'm really looking forward to it bud, I really do hope we turn up and take our chances because if we do we'll hammer them, the ball's in our court on this one I think.
We're due a top performance from Sergio, he's been quiet as of late, he always turns up against utd though, absolutely always and I don't expect anything different from him.

almost... I don't think we can afford to give Utd a lead, Mauren will have a plan to score and park his buses. He won't want an open game.
He certainly won't want an open game I'll grant you that . Perhaps he's thinking- " if we open up they will kill us , if we sit back we will lose , especially with Pogba out .So we do both - press them all over and play on the break , wait for the set piece...and if we get the draw we will take 2 points off them and still in premier league contention"

Expect the pressing to be ferocious from the start .

The reason we are struggling is Aguero's frankly appalling form by his standards.

Poor touch when he has a chance or fails to get a shot out. Largely static and not got that express pace he used to in order to stretch defenders.

Contrast with Jesus who came on and literally does not stop running interval sprints into space to play 1-2s. He immediately cause a headache which stretched west ham. Yes you can credit Aguero still as it was a formation change and the two of them were a different proposition but I would be playing Jesus ahead of Aguero if we can only play 1.

The simple plan.
Play 5 deep at the back 4 in front and the striker on Fern (Delph today) 7 yards betweem the lines The plan then is to tackle as soon as the ball gets to a player within a couple of yards of the box. Pack the area around the D. Only 4 attack if the striker manages to keep the ball. We only get round it if we're at our very best. Most of the time we're not.
Did we lose?
Fucking hell I must have left too early

Team looks tired these last 4 matches, resulting in slow passing and exacerbated by the way the opponents have set up against us. Great 3 points but we need to have a rethink on the approach, we will lose one of these games to a sucker punch, hopefully not next weekend

DQJQA91X0AELBRB.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.