West Ham Post Match Thread

Just happy to get the 3 points, much better 2nd half.

We'll have to come up with a way to combat these defensive sides, I think similar to the 2nd half today we have to play an extra attacker and use De Bruyne and Silva deeper, so they get on the ball more.

2 strikers is the way at home and I can't imagine too many teams will play like that at home although maybe they will. Got to stop giving teams hope by conceding from corners. We look very vulnerable all of a sudden on these. Was good earlier in the season.

Spot on. The bottom side gets £100m FFS. That's like £300m of players when amortised.

Some of the clubs coming up from the Championship play better football than the midtable PL clubs. Remember how Swansea came up playing like a mini Barcelona on a shoe-string budget? Look at them now after manager changes, they are awful and have lost all their identity. Another generic mid/low PL team and likely to go down.

Other managers have no answer to the way pep sets us up to play. They saw the 7-2 against Stone and thought, fuck this. 9 at the back. A hiding like that can derail a season. Of the 20 managers in the premier league, I would class two as being outright attack minded coaches. Pep and Wenger. And they both get vilified for not setting up a defense properly. It's engrained in the culture , be hard to beat, be aggressive. Kick them hard. If football occurs it's a by product, not planned for. Pep and Wenger plan their football out from the back to the final third. Wenger was the first to do it. Pep has been a game changer. Sorry add Klipperty to those two

Look at the other 17 managers. Benitez, Mourinho, allardyce, Pellegrino, puel, pardew, pocchetino. All great men to set up a team not to lose.

Some of the other ones like Eddie Howe try to get their teams playing in the right way, he had a lack of quality but he gets kudos from me for having the balls to stand by his convictions.

Says it all when Sean Dyche is talked about as the best rated English manager. Epitome of Pub football tactics on steroids

When you pay 800 quid for a season ticket, you can ask me not to comment about teams full of millionaires playing like non league amateurs & I'll still tell you to fuck off.
Spot on. If what we’ve seen in recent weeks is the way football is played in this country from now on then it’ll be the death of the game. Disgusting to see the tactics Moyes employed today.

Other managers have no answer to the way pep sets us up to play. They saw the 7-2 against Stone and thought, fuck this. 9 at the back. A hiding like that can derail a season. Of the 20 managers in the premier league, I would class two as being outright attack minded coaches. Pep and Wenger. And they both get vilified for not setting up a defense properly. It's engrained in the culture , be hard to beat, be aggressive. Kick them hard. If football occurs it's a by product, not planned for. Pep and Wenger plan their football out from the back to the final third. Wenger was the first to do it. Pep has been a game changer. Sorry add Klipperty to those two

Look at the other 17 managers. Benitez, Mourinho, allardyce, Pellegrino, puel, pardew, pocchetino. All great men to set up a team not to lose.

Some of the other ones like Eddie Howe try to get their teams playing in the right way, he had a lack of quality but he gets kudos from me for having the balls to stand by his convictions.

Says it all when Sean Dyche is talked about as the best rated English manager. Epitome of Pub football tactics on steroids

Absolutely.

Eddie Howe has proved it's not neccesary to play that way in order to survive. And as you say, Swansea used to play football.

It's about time this fucking shite was outed for what it is. It keeps these fucking dinosaurs in a job.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.