Utd v City post match

I’m not sure you’ve got that right, mate.

Kevin has 8; the two rag twats you mention both had 6.

And how the fuck did Nico only receive 6? Absolutely ridiculous!
Haha. They have changed it. It was this originally.

aaf4dd1a76e777a333654f524d96d7b7.jpg

For as long as I can remember, every team with a bit of nous has taken the ball into the corner in order to run the clock down. Anyone skriking about time-wasting when a team does that needs to give their heads a fucking wobble. I remember the European Cup Final in 1982 when Villa beat Bayern Munich courtesy of Peter Withe's one-two off the post. As the clock was ticking down, even that football purist Brian Clough - who was co-commentating - was screaming at the Villa players to "take it into the corner". If it's good enough for Cloughie and good enough for Pep then it's plenty good enough for me. It was fucking hilarious seeing us do that on Sunday and right in front of us lot in the away end too. United fans crying about it need to man the fuck up and ask themselves how City managed to pull that off for the best part of 3 minutes while we were outnumbered by so many of their players.

Post 1443 on this thread helped me understand how Pep has started playing chess whilst other teams continue with a simple game of draughts. Many thanks for that video.

I see the Pep way of changing the shape of his team as a natural development to overcome the park the bus strategy because our possession game is not now being matched by so called top teams in PL after the Napoli game so Pep has to find a way round the tactic that effectively compresses play into one half of the field of play.

The ability to actually change our shape in realtime during a game is not easily learnt by individual players but playing the Pep way simplifies things so opposing defences had better prepare for the uncertainty of a continually changing City formation together with trying to explain these formation changes to a more rigid defensive setup that is likely to make many mistakes particularly when using man marking.

My concern is still with our inability to convert chances. We make things harder for ourselves by missing the target with shots but hopefully the developing tactical changes we have seen v Utd will cause confusion in defences that previously could simply put the shutters up.

For as long as I can remember, every team with a bit of nous has taken the ball into the corner in order to run the clock down. Anyone skriking about time-wasting when a team does that needs to give their heads a fucking wobble. I remember the European Cup Final in 1982 when Villa beat Bayern Munich courtesy of Peter Withe's one-two off the post. As the clock was ticking down, even that football purist Brian Clough - who was co-commentating - was screaming at the Villa players to "take it into the corner". If it's good enough for Cloughie and good enough for Pep then it's plenty good enough for me. It was fucking hilarious seeing us do that on Sunday and right in front of us lot in the away end too. United fans crying about it need to man the fuck up and ask themselves how City managed to pull that off for the best part of 3 minutes while we were outnumbered by so many of their players.

What we did wasnt time wasting, which is running down the clock during stoppages and against the rules.

What we did is kill time by keeping hold of the ball and they didn't have the bollocks get it back. Completely different. They're essentially complaining about us not giving them the ball.

It was probably my favourite part of the match too.

Van Gaal having a go at Mourinho now for playing defensive football! Ha ha. Just gets better and better this.
I liked Louis Van Gaal. Mainly because he never disrespected us, but also he was comedy gold and gave us many highly entertaining moments. Who can forget the classic 'Louis Van Gaal’s Army', or the time he deliberately fell over on the touch line to make a point to an assistant referee. Very funny guy.

Haha. They have changed it. It was this originally.

aaf4dd1a76e777a333654f524d96d7b7.jpg
I think you’re being a somewhat unfair here. Rashford doesn’t do much and gets 7 but KDB does much more and gets a 6. On a ‘what are they capable of’ system KDB can play much better than he did whereas I didn’t notice any difference in Rashford or Lingards performances, when compared to what they do week in and week out. Therefore, KDB only a six, because he could do better. The other 2 get 7’s because they probably can’t.
It’s actually fairly damning if you think about it. Most of ours can play much better, some of theirs can’t and yet they got mullered. The salty tears are getting sweeter and sweeter by the day!!!!

I think you’re being a somewhat unfair here. Rashford doesn’t do much and gets 7 but KDB does much more and gets a 6. On a ‘what are they capable of’ system KDB can play much better than he did whereas I didn’t notice any difference in Rashford or Lingards performances, when compared to what they do week in and week out. Therefore, KDB only a six, because he could do better. The other 2 get 7’s because they probably can’t.
It’s actually fairly damning if you think about it. Most of ours can play much better, some of theirs can’t and yet they got mullered. The salty tears are getting sweeter and sweeter by the day!!!!
I'm not being anything. I am merely posting the Sky player ratings from after the game, so that they can be compared with the updated version of the Sky player ratings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.