Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

p.s. to my post above (number 95) I know that every time this subject is brought up I say something similar but it doesn’t alter the facts. In fact this subject/topic is brought up so often that I think it could do with a sticky note thing or whatever Ric & the mods use to keep it at the top of the page & we won’t need to start a new thread every time! :-)

Good reply, PB, but it still sounds like Elastoplast on gangrene. If people want to sit with fingers up arses, and fcuk off 10 minutes early, while they’re treated to the best football ever, they need rockets up their arses. With after-burners set to max. Similarly, if they’ve a mind to keep Pep enthused, and motivated to extend his stay, they should take heed. People rightly excused themselves last year on the basis we were under-achieving. That hardly applies now. Fcukinell, it’s like Pavarotti singing to the deaf and dumb. (Yeah, I know he’s dead.)

To get drowned out every week by a few dozen people from Dudley or South Coast luvvies is downright embarrassing. Fcuk knows what they think of us in the CL. If people can’ appreciate it, and vocalise a little enjoyment or encouragement, wouldn’t they be better going shopping?

But I’m being negative and should at least give you credit for trying.
I don't disagree with you but we've got to try to move to a situation where they're the minority if we can.

I'm guessing you're young ?

You do realise why we have so many 50+ year old fans ? We did f**k all for 30 odd years, and the younger ones looked at the successful clubs to support, and those younger ones we have now are largely a result of parent brainwashing. Its also worth pointing out, that without all us older supporters (and their brainwashed kids), you probably wouldn't have a club to support today.

Also visit SS3, and you might change your mind, plenty of younger ones up there, and plenty who get behind the team, old or young.

Right on the money Cleavers as usual.

there are many things that need changing like a proper singing area and cheaper tickets, but one of the main problems is people that go now, especially in the south stand that just dont sing or get behind the team. barely any encouragement unless we are winning. if everyone in the south stand and the corner actually sang we would have a decent atmosphere. its probably the best football we've ever seen and barely anyone sings. sometimes i think the crowd are robots, that dont react to anything.

imo we need to create a proper singing area thats big, has no away fans and offers younger people 18-30 a chance to go the game. give the 1894 group a bigger allocation and let them have a megaphone/flags.....

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're young ?

You do realise why we have so many 50+ year old fans ? We did f**k all for 30 odd years, and the younger ones looked at the successful clubs to support, and those younger ones we have now are largely a result of parent brainwashing. Its also worth pointing out, that without all us older supporters (and their brainwashed kids), you probably wouldn't have a club to support today.

Also visit SS3, and you might change your mind, plenty of younger ones up there, and plenty who get behind the team, old or young.

tbf you've kinda answered my point. we have lots of younger fans- 18-30 year olds, but loads of them don't go to prem games. imo its because of tickets prices. I'm 23 and i know so many city/ united fans that dont go, apart from cheap cup games. if everywhere in the ground was priced like ss3 the crowd would be much younger.

Take the away section out of the South Stand and there'd be no singing at all. The cup tie against Wolves was cheap and there was a big crowd. South Stand and East were really quiet probably because the Wolves fans were all up in the 3rd tier. The problem lies with us the fans.

i think its a myth that having away fans creates atmosphere at city. we've had away fans there in the south stand for years now and it doesnt make a difference. its crap with them. i was in ss1 for the wolves games and what i noticed was the stand was filled kids and families not really the type to get singing.

tbf you've kinda answered my point. we have lots of younger fans- 18-30 year olds, but loads of them don't go to prem games. imo its because of tickets prices. I'm 23 and i know so many city/ united fans that dont go, apart from cheap cup games. if everywhere in the ground was priced like ss3 the crowd would be much younger.
It would only be younger if all us older ones gave up our seats, pricing it less wont make that happen it'll just make it cheaper for us as we would be more likely to renew. ( I say us, Im not a s/ c holder people my age I mean)When there is a north stand 3 it will be the same price of the south stand as I posted earlier maybe new comers should get first chance.

It would only be younger if all us older ones gave up our seats, pricing it less wont make that happen it'll just make it cheaper for us as we would be more likely to renew. ( I say us, Im not a s/ c holder people my age I mean)When there is a north stand 3 it will be the same price of the south stand as I posted earlier maybe new comers should get first chance.

maybe, but at least it would allow more younger people to go. i usually sit in in east stand level 1 now and most people near me are 55 +. the only younger people i see are with there dad like me. even in ian chessmans vlogs theres like no young people at all. its a real problem that needs addressing in the league generally.

Nearly every game now is televised which was never the case pre 2008 so it's much easier and cheaper of course to watch from your armchair or at the pub for so many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.