Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His kicking was ridiculous yesterday. The one for Raheem the obvious stand out but he hit walker in the first half with a dropped half volley that was a laser. Like a scalpel, that boys foot.
Just came to post about this, there were two spurs players it went between also with the smallest margin for error if any. It rifled between them. Not often i shout out "WOW that was amazing" but i did then. The only other person off the top of my head who has done that to effect has been Silva to Aguero a few years back.

I mean this guy is supposed to be a keeper who can "do a bit" with his feet, i don't know many in the game who can pass like him. It is also under pressure a lot of the time with full knowledge if he messes up we let a goal in. He is stone cold and a fantastic keeper to, i almost forget that part of his game.

I don’t want to say something outrageous like he’s the key to the incredible run we’re on but it’s definitely a consideration. The value he adds is so incredible. So fortunate to have this guy.

I agree with the posters who pointed out that game of chicken he likes to play with the strikers. Really really love that. That kind of arrogance at this level just shows how confident this guy is in his ability. I wouldn’t call it cockiness either. I admire it. It’s demoralizing without being overtly rude if that makes sense.

We wanted a ball playing goalkeeper and boi did we get one, but besides that i think most of us are pleasantly surprised at how good he is at stopping a ball too, even if we don't require him to do that so much.

The lad is just 24. Man pep sure knows how to stack our team with young talents, he's setting us up for a decade, and you have to wonder how the future will look with so many players that can still grow a lot when were already dominating the Pl as it is. Sometimes i have to laugh out loud at the sheer quality of the team, it looks so overpowered at times, and Ederson taunting those who'd press them nicely illustrates some of that.

A few times this happened,

Spurs pressed right up covering pretty much all options short & long. Sergio went & stood 15 yards or more back from the the center half meaning they had to drop back. Wingers & full backs go very wide, Fern comes short to Ederson. This left a massive gap in the middle of the pitch, which Ederson placed the ball in perfectly for Sane, who was lightening to cut inside & either flick it on as he's unchallenged or bring it down (first half, it went from Ederson to Sane to KDB to Sergio in the space of about 6 seconds).

When you have someone that can kick it like he can, all options are on the table

I love the way this lad plays, I really do, but oh boy he plays on the ragged edge!

I wouldn't change him for anyone at the moment (possibly only Neuer) but he WILL get caught a few times over a season, he's been caught a few times already (Baggies and Shaktar), but I reckon Pep forgives him those slips as everything else he brings far outweighs those incidents.

This is from the Pep thread originally posted by Andrew_K, i thought it fits here too

9 second from goalkick to shot on goal.

he's been caught a few times already (Baggies and Shaktar), but I reckon Pep forgives him those slips as everything else he brings far outweighs those incidents.

Honestly i havn't seen him take a lot of goals "that he should have stopped".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.