Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply a legend . Work ethic never in question. Late goals all helped by Sergio working the Spurs back line for first hour. Once they fatigue , have a bit of Jesus.
Sports science say 60 hours since Swansea not enough to restore glycogen depletion. Also have people already forgot the taxi incident Serge is carrying a little battle damage!
Rotate.Rotate

I didn't like the total lack of anything when Sergio went off. He ran his bollocks off, and he is still No1 when it comes to getting a goal from nowt, particularly against most of the teams we have played this season who bring a mobile multi-storey car park as the main tactic. Jesus is still rough around the edges; Sergio is the finished product.

I'm surprised there was no tweet off him this weekend,that's the first sign of petulance I've ever witnessed by him when he was subbed,hope he ain't sulking because he is needed,chin up Sergio !!

at the outset let me say I love aguero.he, silva and de bruyne have been our best buys and are legends.in earlier times it was if in doubt give it to kun and he would make something out of nothing.but even in the early days dome of the one touch football between nasri, silva and aguero, was fabulous.
So fast forward to now, the best football we've ever seen ( and I grew up in the bell summer bee lee era and thought I'd never see anything as good) and you'd think aguero would be in his element on the end of all these fabulous passing movements and he'd be a permanent fixture.
But somehow he seems to be struggling to blend in.
I don't want to see the demise of kun, anyone any explanations on what pep can do to make him undroppable again? Is it he is not back to fitness or sharpness after the car accident or is there tension between him and pep( I noticed he didn't hug pep after the derby win.

at the outset let me say I love aguero.he, silva and de bruyne have been our best buys and are legends.in earlier times it was if in doubt give it to kun and he would make something out of nothing.but even in the early days dome of the one touch football between nasri, silva and aguero, was fabulous.
So fast forward to now, the best football we've ever seen ( and I grew up in the bell summer bee lee era and thought I'd never see anything as good) and you'd think aguero would be in his element on the end of all these fabulous passing movements and he'd be a permanent fixture.
But somehow he seems to be struggling to blend in.
I don't want to see the demise of kun, anyone any explanations on what pep can do to make him undroppable again? Is it he is not back to fitness or sharpness after the car accident or is there tension between him and pep( I noticed he didn't hug pep after the derby win.
what was going on with the gloves on Saturday as he came off?

Was right to come off against Spurs and if he's 'miffed' about it, he needs to look at himself and increase his intensity on and off the ball. His high pressing isn't in the same league as Jesus's and when points in the game come where we need it, he'll be subbed again. He's proven before he can work harder when he wants to, but it's not consistent enough at the moment. He was lumbering around quite lazily against Spurs and it was the right call to take him off. High pressing, from the striker, is an integral part to our game.

I think he's miffed. rightly so, he's twice the player Jesus is at this time. Jesus is the future, we should be milking Aguero whilst we have him.

Surely you could see why the change was made Saturday.

There's also many City fans and an incredibly talented manager that simply don't think Aguero is twice the player Jesus is. I think Jesus suits the rest of the team far better.

I think Sergio was adapting excellently till his rib injury. I think he was at his very best and suited us. He's not been at his best in weeks. When he's not flying, he reverts to his greedy individual style. We suffer.

It's a catch 22. He can't get back to what Pep wants without his confidence and goals back, but he's not playing well enough to demand starting every week till fully confident again.

i too love Serg but for me he is not a Pep player. For me he is best used as a goal hanger who will score countless goals, Pep wants all players making tackles and winning the ball back whenever we lose it, that is not Serg's game. I would prefer a situation where our goalie struggles to recognise Serg on the street as they play so far apart, Pep wants him defending corners... Also Lampard hinted at Serg turning up late for training and not pulling his weight, Pep does not allow indiscipline from anyone.

As much as I hate Slur Alex as much as anyone else his biggest strength for me was offloading players who looked to be at the top of their game only for them to fail elsewhere. Robson, Sparky, Irwin to name just three. Pep seems to be just as brutal with fans favourites such as Hart and Zab offloaded without sentiment to get in better replacements.

I would love for Serg to retire from the game as a blue but would not be surprised if he leaves at the end of this season. I am glad he has hit the record for goals scored and will be sad to see him go, but I trust in Pep

I think he's miffed. rightly so, he's twice the player Jesus is at this time. Jesus is the future, we should be milking Aguero whilst we have him.
You can keep saying that but you're one of the few that can't see we look a better team with Jesus. The pressing from the front allows us to choke teams. Sergio can't just pick and choose when he wants to press, it has to be every time they have the ball without fail. And until he understands that, Jesus is the better selection. He allows the whole team to execute what Pep's mind has designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.