Should Toure get a farewell ceremony?

Threads like this always remind me of this quote from an article about the perils of online moderation:

Good moderation isn’t about setting or controlling an agenda; it is about not letting anyone’s agenda ruin the conversation. Not letting an article about hats get ruined by someone who hates fashion; stopping a heartfelt piece about feeding refugees in Calais being dominated by someone ranting about child abuse in Rotherham; and preventing one man with an axe to grind about the legalisation of cannabis wrecking a scientific conversation about cancer treatment.

Yaya Toure has rejected a £430,000-a-week offer from the Chinese Super League to stay at Manchester City.

Toure, who turned down a £520,000-a-week package from Jiangsu Suning 12 months ago, would have earned £22.5million-a-year from the unnamed club.

Must be a lie because you said highlighted...

You’ve just had your pants pulled down trying to make something personal but now you’re backtracking quicker than Yaya ever has to safer ground because you got caught out. You were prepared to talk about Trevor Sinclair drink driving but no mention of it in the Yaya thread because it doesn’t suit your argument. Sleep well.

Last edited:
You’ve just had your pants pulled down trying to make something personal but now you’re backtracking quicker than Yaya ever has to safer ground because you got caught out. You were prepared to talk about Trevor Sinclair drink driving but no mention of it in the Yaya thread because it doesn’t suit your argument. Sleep well.

Didn't know Sinclair thought he was drinking rolla cola.
Pants down hahaha delusional you are and by the way I will sleep well...

730x10005.jpg

Without him we may actually have been more successful, the last 3 years we’ve been playing with ten men essentially. It’s been said a million times before but the best individual players don’t always make the best team. People said we couldn’t retain possession without Yaya, people said we couldn’t break down ‘park the bus’ opposition without Yaya, yet this seasons results prove we could because the team are recovering the ball far quicker and aren’t as slow in possession.

And as for our players getting boo’d, who? when? It’s not happened for a long long time pal, our fan base is completely different these days and it just doesn’t happen. You might get a few moans, groans and the odd comment here and there but that happens with Yaya, every single game, whether it’s in the cheap seats in SS3 or the slightly posher ones up in CB3/ES3.

Different gravy these days mate to be fair. There are many reasons why we’ve disappointed since 2014. Poor recruitment, ageing squad and Yaya’s decline has been part of that. We saw the best of him between 2010 and 2014 and for that he deserves our thanks - can’t believe I’m trying to justify this tbh!

Didn't know Sinclair thought he was drinking rolla cola.
Pants down hahaha delusional you are and by the way I will sleep well...

730x10005.jpg

He was caught two times over the drink drive limit and to quote the judge it was “inconceivable” he did not know he was drinking and he was fined £54k on top of a 18 month driving ban. Some fucking rola cola that fella.

Absolutely. The goal against Aston Villa, the one against Stoke, and of course the one against the rags. I can forgive him staying silent through the ordeal with his agent. After learning his backstory, that guy is probably closer a father figure than anything else he has had. It was bad advice, but his intentions were probably true. He helped get us to where we are, and will always be thankful for his positive attitude and friendliness to those around him. Legend.

He's a legend. Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero, that spine of our team deserve massive (yes massive) send offs when they go.

Forget the bollocks off the pitch that has gone on, he has played huge roles in pretty much every trophy we have won, some of the highlights:
- 2011 FA Cup Semi Final vs United.
- 2011 FA Cup Final vs Stoke.
- 2011/12 Newcastle (a).
- 2014 League Cup final vs Sunderland.
- 2013/14 season (deserved Premier League POTY, shambles that he didn't win it.
- 2016 League Cup Final vs Liverpool (Winning pen).

I think it would be poetic if we brought him on in the last 5 minutes of extra time in the Champions League final and he scored the winning pen in the shootout, I know that would be no good for old tickers but what a send off that would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.