Worst decision by Peter Swales?

Sacking Peter Reid was a stupid decision and ultimately lead to his downfall. Funny thing is Franny's decision to sack Bryan Horton was an even more stupid mistake.
Disagree, Peter Reid was a terrible appointment and to be fair to Swales, one he did not want to make, fan power got Reid the job.

Fiddling the attendance figures and pocketing the money, he and dear Bernard in my opinion have a lot to answer for. A considerable amount of money went "missing" on Mr Swales tenure.

Continuing on with the theme set by the manager's thread, what is old Peter's worst move whilst he was at City.

Has to be the way he treated Joe Mercer for me.
Bloody hell, that question had me scratching my head but at the end it came down to two things .........................
As you said the treatment of Gentleman Joe And staying on far too long

Fiddling the attendance figures and pocketing the money, he and dear Bernard in my opinion have a lot to answer for. A considerable amount of money went "missing" on Mr Swales tenure.
I have a soft spot for Bernard as he gave my wife and I passes in the Main Stand to Maine Road whenever we came home from New Zealand. And to the after match receptions. Our young son was "too excited for words" going down to the dressing room and collecting autographs. Son's name by the way is Colin - now who would have inspired that name?

I have a soft spot for Bernard as he gave my wife and I passes in the Main Stand to Maine Road whenever we came home from New Zealand. And to the after match receptions. Our young son was "too excited for words" going down to the dressing room and collecting autographs. Son's name by the way is Colin - now who would have inspired that name?

Bernard was in a very senior position of our club during it's darkest times, he never once spoke out in regard to Mr P.J.Swales....enough said and the reason I simply don't understand the affection regarding Bernard.

Disagree, Peter Reid was a terrible appointment and to be fair to Swales, one he did not want to make, fan power got Reid the job.
We finished 5th, 5th and 7th I think under Reid. Given what happened after he was sacked, it was a ridiculous desision to get rid of him.

Swales is a type of guy who I have met a few times in my life. Runs some tin-pot business and thinks that on the strength of that they are some sort of managerial genius who can run anything better than the people who actually do and know the job. A pitiable lack of self-knowledge.

A true blue who loved Manchester City? Possibly. But if so, so were about 40,000 others, of whom about 0.1% (not including me, by the way) would be fit to run the Club.

His worst decision? Where do you start? It all comes down though to his unwillingness to put a penny of his own money into the Club, while leeching a fat salary (for the time) out of it. That is why we were left on the starting blocks.

We finished 5th, 5th and 7th I think under Reid. Given what happened after he was sacked, it was a ridiculous desision to get rid of him.

We were on a downward tragectory though and the football was dire that last season playing long ball shite(whether that was Ellis fault as most believed).

We finished 5th above the rags and battered Leeds the champions elect 4-0, The premier league was coming and cash into the league.
We never capitalised on that and pushed on, Swales is at fault for that, not reading the way it was going and investing in top quality to push on as european football was also back.

What money was spent reid payed over the odd for players like phelan and curle and lost out of players like sinclair.

The wholee ra was hit n miss and looking back if we could have gotten Kendall to stay we may have had a completely different history, or Swales may have just sacked him anyway as he had form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.