Worst decision by Peter Swales?

Disagree, Peter Reid was a terrible appointment and to be fair to Swales, one he did not want to make, fan power got Reid the job.

The difference in the transition from Kendall to Reid was palpable. Reid just didn't "have it". If Kendall had stayed we genuinely had a chance to win the league. Him leaving was utterly gut wrenching :(

The difference in the transition from Kendall to Reid was palpable. Reid just didn't "have it". If Kendall had stayed we genuinely had a chance to win the league. Him leaving was utterly gut wrenching :(

Yes. Reid just tried to keep doing what Kendall did without the tactical nous and with ever diminishing returns. Sacking him wasn't the problem, what happened after was.

I hope Dr Gary does finish his biog of Frank Swift. When it was gestating, Gary asked fans for any memories of Swifty. I submitted a couple (I actually saw him play...) but was sorry when the project fell through.
Who knows?
Someone else brought out a biog and no publisher will touch it now. A real shame I'd gathered so much info too and written so much but detailed biographies take years to craft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.