Worst decision by Peter Swales?

Citizen Green

Continuing on with the theme set by the manager's thread, what is old Peter's worst move whilst he was at City.

Has to be the way he treated Joe Mercer for me.

Sanctioning Big Mals barmy buys when he returned to the club. We had a perfectly good team at the time and he decimated it. It only needed a bit of tweaking here and there. Unfortunately IMO that was when the rot set in and we didn't recover from it.

How about how he went into the dressing room after the '74 League Cup final defeat and grilled all the players. This was where Franny Lee and him fell out wasn't it?.

10.Goater_Legend said:
How about how he went into the dressing room after the '74 League Cup final defeat and grilled all the players. This was where Franny Lee and him fell out wasn't it?.

My first wembley final...was gutted...we battered wolves all over the park and their stand in keeper Gary Pierce played an absolute blinder...weird cos mon the way there when we found out their regular keeper Phil Pasrkes was out we thought it would be a walkover...fu@king Pierce ruined my day.

one of his worst was his players only conference , using it as is excuse to sack ron saunders, franny walked out and went straight to ron and told him what was going on as he knew nothing about it? for me he interfered with player purchases, i e only allowing the manager to buy who he thought would suit? his worst was to allow the sanction of big mal taking over the managers job thinking joe would except being a figure head, obviously the guy knew nothing about human nature, that was his main flaw? he became to much involved with the fa for my likeing, still hope he rests in peace he was definetly a character?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.