Sergio pitch incident at end of game

I love pitch invasions but I just cant get my head around why if your team has just had a historic victory you would be so angry that you are attacking rival players or fans, why wouldn't you be celebrating?

Was he at the game? This was from the BBC website.

"Football is a family event and the disruption that players and fans alike faced will not be tolerated," said Greater Manchester police chief superintendent Stuart Ellison.

"As soon as people were on the pitch, we immediately deployed our resources to the front of the stands, where they were able to keep the two groups of supporters apart and prevent any further disruption."

It seemed to take an age to see any significant amount of police anywhere. .The only thing stopping the Wigan fan's from walking into the city end was fear of what might happen if they did.
Disgraceful statement which bears no relation to the truth. I thought the policing was dreadful last night. I left before it all kicked off on the pitch but well before that I watched as a bunch of Wigan scrotes in the stand to our right repeatedly ran towards the City fans making abusive gestures. This started after they scored. The handful of stewards and police watched this from ten yards away and did nothing. The City fans mostly showed great restraint (though we do have our fair share of knobheads)
I thought the media had learned their lessons by now that you can't treat statements from the police without scepticism. The police should have been ready to stop the minority of Wigan fans who were hellbent on trouble rather than celebrating a great victory. Typical shoddy BBC journalism.

I checked the MC website to see what the official club position was. Not a single mention, not a word, completely air bushed out, nothing to see here... move on.
What a pathetic waste of space the website it, I only check it for any fixture changes.

And the player is understood to have met with club lawyers at City's training ground today to discuss what course of action to take - they will be sending video evidence of the pitch invasion, and the provocation to which Aguero was subjected, to the FA.

Not all the fans were dicks let's remember that. The ones I know who go every week have been able to discuss the game since not gloat. Some were even trying to shake city players hands.

I imagine the ones causing trouble hasn't been before this season.

The issue isn't the Fans, it's the stewards and the club

You sound like a proper bellend pal.

First of all apologies for the bellend comment.
What annoyed me about your post was your comment 'I imagine the troublecausers haven't been before this season'. How the hell can you imagine or guess that?
Then your last quote 'it isn't the fans'.
It is the fans, the stewards and the club who were at fault. Unless when you quote 'Fans', you mean fans that go every week, even then you don't know that.

Yet again the BBC coverage is making us out to be the culprits and aggressors.
Why let the video FACTS, cloud their already guilty verdict of us.
No doubt Aguero banned and deported is only good enough for the FA.
It can’t possibly be Wigan’s fault as they’re a lower division team. Absolute bollox.
The FA need to make an example of them for that behaviour and lack of player safety.

That pitch invasion was dangerous in a number of ways. Said last night that the FA should act and kick Wigan out of the competition. That would send a message. Won't happen of course.

I love pitch invasions but I just cant get my head around why if your team has just had a historic victory you would be so angry that you are attacking rival players or fans, why wouldn't you be celebrating?

Too many pies....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.