Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his opinion. From the BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43122138

"I thought it was a reckless challenge, and rightly a caution. I thought, 'you've got this spot on'. You can clearly see the yellow card out, and the referee writing Fabian Delph's name and number on the card, and getting ready to issue it. To my amazement, he then puts the yellow card away and reaches for the red. At that level, don't do that. If you're not sure, don't give a card, give yourself some thinking time. For me, once you've got it out, rightly or wrongly, you've got to go with your decision. He's on the elite group of Uefa referees. If he did that in the Champions League, I don't think he'd referee again in it this season. For a referee of his experience to do that... it just shouldn't happen at that level. It's different if he hadn't pulled the card out, if he's getting information from his colleagues. Once he's got that yellow card out he's got to go with that, he can't then put it away after writing he name down. It's just basic refereeing."

Halsey is not always correct, but in this case, he's said exactly what i thought. Whether or not you agree with it being a red, clear process is what was missing.

Red card immediately - the decision is done.
Pause for confirmation from linesman, and get a red out - still fine with that. Clear cut, especially if he puts a hand to his ear or indicates the linesman who gave him advice. I'm thinking Moss in the Mane incident here: he didn't rush for the card, but once he decided, it was done.

If this writing on a yellow is standard practice, I expect quite a lot of people to remember seeing it.

All the pundits said they have never seen what he did with the cards ever before,i watch tons of the prem games and i have never seen it either

I think they are using a form of VAR in secret,from last season as well,it won't be VAR so they can stay with a straight face they are not using it

As a club we should demand an explaination but i doubt we will,someone in the media needs to run with this,1 thing too many that they are corrupt

My dad said this very early on yesterday. I hadn’t noticed it before but you see how many times he cuts out passing angles, especially the easy ball back to Fernandinho to stop us switching sides quickly and it’s beyond obvious. Not only does he purposefully block the line of pass, he then tries to step forward or backwards in line with Fernandinho every time which cannot just be a coincidence, once or twice maybe, half a dozen times plus he knows what he’s doing.
It seriously needs investigating, as I think it is 100% on purpose. Someone at the club needs to take action.

Alty hasn't reffed a Premier League match at the Etihad since he ballsed up the Chelsea match last season. The only game he's reffed at City since then was the EFL cup tie against Bristol City. He has reffed 2 away matches in that time at Watford and Swansea this season. The guy should never ref games that have a direct consequence to City matches. One because he's from the Manchester area which compromises his integrity. Two because he's clearly lied about his team allegiance probably to make sure he's not disregarded for certain matches. And three because he's a fooking shit referee

We should appeal the red on the grounds of the right procedure,complain to the FA as well and PIGMOL,lets get them to explain or over turn it,lets make the fuckers sweat a bit at least

Be prepared for much of the same thing to happen on Sunday in the Cup Final against Arsenal. How Pawson will allow Arsenal to kick us of the park, just like last year, but the moment we go anywhere near an Arsenal player watch the yellow cards come out straight away. This is the same guy who did his best to make sure we lost last year in the semi final last year against the same opponents. Anyone remember Raheem disallowed goal when there was clearly nothing wrong with it. I just hope lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place. However with this guy as ref it may well do so.

Be prepared for much of the same thing to happen on Sunday in the Cup Final against Arsenal. How Pawson will allow Arsenal to kick us of the park, just like last year, but the moment we go anywhere near an Arsenal player watch the yellow cards come out straight away. This is the same guy who did his best to make sure we lost last year in the semi final last year against the same opponents. Anyone remember Raheem disallowed goal when there was clearly nothing wrong with it. I just hope lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place. However with this guy as ref it may well do so.
Hopefully VAR will help us a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.