PFA Team of the Year

I had a discussion with a few friends on the Ederson - De Gea thing a couple weeks ago. It came down to this: United would not be where they are were it not for De Gea. He's viewed as the best shot stopper in the league and maybe the world right now. However, if they were to switch teams, I don't think that United would be any worse off than they are now in regards to the league, but De Gea is not a great distributor, therefore wouldn't be as good for City as Ederson has been. It was that statement that made me believe that Ederson is the better overall keeper, but probably still won't get the honor. Since distribution by the keeper is not valued as much as it should be by many people, I could see De Gea getting the nod.

Ederson

Walker
Otamendi
Some random CB from Burnley or similarly shit team probably
Alonso

Fernandinho
DeBruyne
Silva

Sane
Aguero
Salah

Sterling and Kane will be the two big if's with Salah and Kun being left out for them if included.

OMG I forgot Sterling. You guys can look at my previous posts, I’m a huge fan of him! Probably one of the few Liverpool fans who was sad to see him go and think he is doing fantastic. Yes him over Sané then.

As for Ederson, yes he’s been very good and you can have him in there if you want. In my opinion De Gea has saved United so much, and it’s scary to think where they would be without him. But it’s very interchangable. Someone could have Ederson in there and I wouldn’t bat an eye. He’s very very good.

As for the Valencia and Walker debate. I’ll be honest I haven’t watched either too much. I’ve heard Walker has been good but I’ve also heard good things about Valencia too. But I can’t say I’m knowledgeable on the matter. It seems you know guys know more than I do and perhaps I made a mistake on that one.

LB I’ve gone for Robertson and I actually stick by it. Yes he hasn’t played too many games but he’s been incredible. And like you mentioned there’s not a lot of quality in the LB department at the moment.

Just one more appearance this season than Eliaquim Mangala, 2 assists and an 86% pass accuracy is pretty average to be honest. If he was from Spain and called André Roberto nobody would be too bothered about him, considering he's not even the established best LB at Liverpool.

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Christensen
Alonso
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Hazard
D Silva
Salah
Aguero

There’s no way any rational person could argue with this:

GK - Ederson (De Gea has been excellent but this kid had redefined goalkeeping)

RB - Walker

LB - Delph (played completely out of position but been remarkable)

CB - Otamendi (most improved player in the division and most improved passer on the planet)

CB - Mee (shit team and completely unglamorous, but a colossal CB, gets in the way of fucking everything and is a monster in the air)

M - De Bruyne

M - Fernandinho (prem player of the year imo)

M - Silva (David)

M - Sterling (2nd most improved player in the division)

S - Salah

S - Kane

Yes, no Aguero. The other 2 have scored more (so far) so just edge it for me.

Statistical team of the year(so far) -

--------------------Ederson------------------
Walker---Otamendi---Vertongen---Monreal
--------------KDB-------D.Silva-----------------
Salah-------------------------------------Hazard
---------------Kane-----Aguero----------------

I think it will be:
De Gea
Walker, Otamendi, Mee, Alonso
Salah, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane
Kane, Aguero (wouldnt be surprised if Firmino somehow gets in for Aguero though)

Should be:
De Gea
Walker, Otamendi, Verthongen, Davies
Salah, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling
Kane, Aguero

Statistical team of the year(so far) -

--------------------Ederson------------------
Walker---Otamendi---Vertongen---Monreal
--------------KDB-------D.Silva-----------------
Salah-------------------------------------Hazard
---------------Kane-----Aguero----------------
Going by stats, Sterling has both more goals and assists than Hazard. Has had a better season performance wise as well.

No way will Ederson get in despite him being our best signing since KDB. De gea has been nailed on since that Arsenal game as shot stopping is all they look at. Ederson is so superior in every other department and we don’t concede many shots so he doesn’t have to save many.

I’ll bet only KDB is nailed on and we may get two more in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.