United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
July 2016-

I have never been very good at hiding behind words and philosophies. And I have never tried to do that. I have always been aggressive in my approach, regardless of the risks that come with it.

"It would be easy and pragmatic to point at the last three years. But I am not good at that aspect. I want to be more aggressive, we want to win titles.

"I have to prove things to myself, not to others. That's my nature. I would never be able to work without success. I always ask things of myself and of others, that’s in my nature.

"I could be defensive and point at our results in the past three years, but I cannot do that.

"When people have had a certain menu for years, you must improve the menu if you want to change it. Success has been normal at Man United. We want to forget about the last three years. The players must not think about doing better and finishing fourth, that is not the aim."

http://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/jose-mourinho-insists-he-wont-use-poor-manche/293255

March 2018-

"I say to the fans that the fans are the fans and have the right to their opinions and reactions but there is something that I used to call football heritage. I don’t know if, I try to translate from my Portuguese, which is almost perfect, to my English, which is far from perfect, football heritage."

"And what a manager inherits is something like the last time Manchester United won the Champions League which didn’t happen a lot of times, was in 2008. Since 2011, 2012, out in the group phase, the group was almost the same group we had this season, Benfica, Basel and Galati from Romania."

"Out in the group phase in 2013 out at Old Trafford in the last 16, I was on the other bench. In 2014, out in the Quarter Final. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, comes back to European football, out in the group phase, goes to Europa League and on the second knockout out of the Europa League. In 2017, play Europa League, win Europa League with me and goes back to CL."

"In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18 and loses at home in the last 16. So in seven years with four diff managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter final, this is football heritage and if you want to go to the PL, the last victory was 12-13 and in the four consecutive seasons United finish fourth fifth, sixth and seventh."

"So in the last four years the best was fourth. This is football heritage. Means that when you start the process you are here, you are there or you are there, is heritage."

Cheers. Too funny.

But he hasn’t! He’s just basically said that the rags are shit in Europe, have been for a while and none of it is his fault despite spending close to £300m in 4 transfer windows.
Unlike Mark to be contrary...

Luckily we know he’s having a shit time supporting West Ham which is amusing.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's papers....

hehe.gif

But he hasn’t! He’s just basically said that the rags are shit in Europe, have been for a while and none of it is his fault despite spending close to £300m in 4 transfer windows.
The hammer is a wum on here who deliberately sets out to provoke a reaction on here. Rooney, Beckham, Baconface and now Maureen have all been staunchly defended by him.

It’s an inferiority complex I think.

Remember when we were shit but we all admired Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho? Well it’s a bit like that but City fans didn’t feel the need to tell Spurs or Madrid fans what we thought.

Years of watching Mark Noble and James Collins under Sam Allardyce and Moysie will do that to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.