Ryanair carry on bag

Only passengers with priority boarding are guaranteed overhead locker space
They can only fit so much hand luggage in the cabin, so generally they ask for volunteers to put their luggage in the hold

Not any more.

Everyone who hasn’t paid for priority has to put bags in the hold if they are bigger than a small handbag.

Easyjet ask for volunteers with an incentive of speedy boarding. They even put you in front of the people who’ve paid for speedy boarding, which must piss them off royally.

Last edited:
If it’s free in the hold, I’m not sure what the problem is anyway. People are always in a rush when it comes to planes nowadays. Rush to queue up to get on, rush to get off, rush to get through passport control etc etc....all for an extra 10 mins on holiday. Or do us Brits just like to rush
Lol, 100% correct, baffles me why anyone is in a mad rush to get on a plane, just sat in your seat for extra 20 mins while everyone else gets on board, understand getting off the thing, but why the mad rush to get on it?, like you say', reckon us brits like to rush

Always smile when boarding starts on holiday flights 75% of passengers rush to queue up when everyone already has a seat allocated.

Madness.

Good post.

Another example of our wonderful selfish society.
I don't think you'd get much disagreement, but it might be worth mentioning that it is carriers like Ryanair which have brought this ridiculous situation about.

Michael O'Leary himself was for years trying to get everyone to NOT bring hold luggage and to pack everything in hand luggage. He went as far as saying that people should buy toiletries, more clothes etc at their destination so as to not have to carry them.

It seems they've now realised how ridiculous that was and the problems this trend of trying to carry everything with you has caused.

Lol, 100% correct, baffles me why anyone is in a mad rush to get on a plane, just sat in your seat for extra 20 mins while everyone else gets on board, understand getting off the thing, but why the mad rush to get on it?, like you say', reckon us brits like to rush
Part of it might be to do with there never been enough overhead locker space and if you get on late, your bag (with whatever valuables in it) might be 17 rows behind you?

Part of it might be to do with there never been enough overhead locker space and if you get on late, your bag (with whatever valuables in it) might be 17 rows behind you?

that, and they want to be first off, not queue at passport control or baggage and not have to queue for a cab etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.