Player of the Year: KDB v Salah

Salah has turned out to be another Luis Suarez - without having the propensity to bite opposing players. He’s had a phenomenal season, and you could even argue he’s one of the best five players in Europe at the moment.

As much as I adore De Bruyne, he hasn’t been anywhere near as consistent as Salah. He had a purple patch where he resembled a mixture of Pirlo and Zidane but his form has dipped this year.

People remember goals far more than passes and assists and it pains me to say that Salah will now be crowned POTY due to Liverpools venture into the CL semi Finals.It will be hard too accept but thats the reality.
However I suspect that although KDB may be a little upset,he`s been wonderful and its just a matter of time before the lads pick up that PL Trophy, along with a medal.
I would be very surprised if Liverpool picked up the CL Trophy.In fact I would be suicidal as I don`t want them fuckers to win anything.

Why weren't we in for Salah in the summer instead of Sanchez? Imagine how good we'd be with him running off passes from KDB and Silva? Knowing our luck he'd struggle for form or get injured though I suppose.

I did say around December time it was far too soon to be putting anywhere near the top 5(just as they said we were with Sané) but he has sustained his form throughout the season now so he's earned the right to be up there. It is still just one season but very rarely will a player sustain a temporary "purple streak" for a full season, there's Vardy I suppose but I can't think of many others so I'd say this is the player we're going to have to deal with next season too.

Salah will win it with individual effort but overall De Bruyne is the better player.

De Bruyne has made a bigger impact on our season than Salah has on Liverpools, he makes other players play better and helps us control games not just score goals, much like David Silva. The table doesn't lie who has had a bigger impact in the league.

If it was down to just the premier league then De Bruyne but others will be looking at cup competitions(shouldn't but they do) like the CL so lets wait until the end of the season. If Liverpool win nothing then De Bruyne surely gets it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.