Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

No have missed two definitely maybe 3.

Didn't try to sell ticket on through club. Just seems a pain club ticket exchange.

Hard to see how the ticket exchange could be easier. All you have to do is click on the button next to the fixture to put the ticket up for sale and then click once more to confirm it.

Stumping up £50-£58 for a single matchday ticket is a big ask for our fan base, especially against the lesser teams.
Just say this then leave it but the lesser teams apart from Huddersfield as the last game were priced £35-£43.

We're both guessing. Neither of us are or will ever be privy to that commercially sensitive data. But I will always go with greater empty matchday sale seats, compared to empty season ticket seats. Yes, there will be season ticket holders who don't show up for whatever reason, but I 'think' the vast majority of season ticket holders do attend most games. You can't say that for matchday ticket sales. Stumping up £50-£58 for a single matchday ticket is a big ask for our fan base, especially against the lesser teams. Obviously tourists and day trippers will take up some of that matchday ticket sales slack, but we're nowhere near the level of United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea yet in that regard, even with Pep and a title winning team. PS. Arsenal are now worse than us for empty seats.

With Spurs building a new stadium, and Chelsea expanding Stamford Bridge, City will go down to 6th for PL attendances. When Liverpool expand Anfield again City will be 7th. With Everton building a new 50,000 seater stadium, and Newcastle unable to expand St James Park any further, 53,000, we will cement that 7th position until the North Stand is expanded. In all honesty, we should be aiming higher than 7th position. We're already starting to fall behind as regards stadium capacity and matchday revenue. And the only way to increase that at our current capacity is to do what? You've guessed it, increase season ticket and matchday ticket prices again. :-(
In reality though the difference between our 54000 stadium and one housing say 64000 or 190,000 more customers over a league campaign is negligible .
About 10million a year extra.build cost would way exceed that. Just get a couple of noodle partners. Jod done.
Burnley are what 7or8. Capacity 20,000. Bournemouth?
Let's not get hung up over capacity. There are no biggest ground cups !

I have missed one PL match (Spurs) and passed the ticket on to my son.

I missed the FA Cup match v Burnley and the League Cup matches v Wolves and Bristol City. There was no opportunity to resell. I was at all the European matches.

The seat next to me has been used no more than two thirds of the time.

Just say this then leave it but the lesser teams apart from Huddersfield as the last game were priced £35-£43.

Seen plenty of seats priced in all blocks on the seat planner at £50+ that never sold throughout the season.

Yes, let's leave it.

Going around in circles.

But once again next season there will be plenty of empty seats.

Let's see what the prices are for next season's season tickets, when the prices are released.

If you stay at home the cost of the food and drink is about £3. If you go to the match it is about £20 for poorer quality. So of course it is a consideration for a lot of fans.
Why can't people eat before they leave the house? Eat when they get home? Take sandwiches? If the price difference and quality is so different why do people insist on eating everywhere they go. It's no wonder there's so many fat b@st@rds about

Why can't people eat before they leave the house? Eat when they get home? Take sandwiches? If the price difference and quality is so different why do people insist on eating everywhere they go. It's no wonder there's so many fat b@st@rds about
To be fair distance fans would need to put butties up etc.

For my part, live within 5 miles of the ground and cut my cloth accordingly. When on the bones of my arse I'd drive, park for free game & go home, apart from a bit of fuel it was nil cost.

These days I choose most games to have a few pints which ramps up the cost but if I couldn't afford it I'd revert to the earlier option.

It's not hard really. I do get the impression that some want a free ticket so they can get pissed up and eat takeaway food all day.

I'm not even attempting most midweek games next season without taking a half day holiday - not until the M6 roadworks are completed at some point in March 2019 at any rate - 3 to 3.5 hours there and 2 to 4.5 hours back (overnight lane and motorway section cllosures) for a journey that should take 2,5 hours max (2 hours on a good day) is doing my head in.

The concurrent M5 road works will continue till Spring 2019 - so could be the end of May!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.