5 Games Left, Which Players...

We should continue to field a strong team and introduce fringe/youth players as early as possible when/if we are in the ascendancy.

Correct

We blew a once in a lifetime opportunity against the rags by tinkering with the team

We’ve got another once in a lifetime opportunity to smash countless records... let’s not throw it away

If I was one of our regular starting 11 I would be a bit pissed off not to play at weekend. The atmosphere will be fantastic and the guard of honour will be great to see.
It really is a tough one for Pep as players will want to be fit for the WC and may not want a rest.

Why give players starts just for the sake of it??

It is completely pointless. Pep will go with the strongest teams. Foden and Diaz will get game time off the bench and if they really impress then they may get a start.

Can see Stones being given a chance to regain some form. Mendy will get game time. That’s it though.

Anyone thinking we’ll see Diaz, Foden and Tosin all start together or anything like that is kidding themselves.

Full strength every time, with those you mention coming off the bench when we have games won.

Anything else and we will just be remembered as another champion, rather than an historical benchmark which could last decades.

The greatest testament to Pep's team is to collect 102 points and go for broke and goals in every game.

Without the pressure, we could be even more ruthless and we need to ensure momentum is still there for next season.

This.

To eiffel 65 -> I'm Blue belting out at every home game to get the crowd going.

C'mon TH post us a video Im too thick to do it ;-)

foden for me. i actually think he is ready now for more first team football and wont make us weaker at all. also the experience would be great for him.

posters sayign we should play the strongest team possible. playing say foden or diaz wont make us weaker and the side will be more then talented enough to beat swansea and others.

Full strength every time, with those you mention coming off the bench when we have games won.

Anything else and we will just be remembered as another champion, rather than an historical benchmark which could last decades.

The greatest testament to Pep's team is to collect 102 points and go for broke and goals in every game.

Without the pressure, we could be even more ruthless and we need to ensure momentum is still there for next season.

+1

100 points 100 goals. Make history.

foden for me. i actually think he is ready now for more first team football and wont make us weaker at all. also the experience would be great for him.

posters sayign we should play the strongest team possible. playing say foden or diaz wont make us weaker and the side will be more then talented enough to beat swansea and others.

On Sunday, if we get to 3 up, I'd bring on Foden, early, and only Foden. Let him get some time when the team is being serious, trying to score more goals, playing at near 100%.

I hate it when Foden or Diaz play in a second XI or as a 3rd sub where the game has been completely broken up and everyone's switched off.

we don't owe the teams at the bottom anything. the fuckers have been kicking our players all season and tried to fuck us on ffp. fuck em, wish they would all go down (except swansea, they're alright)

100x this. Somehow it's our fault that these teams are fighting for a place and we're supposed to do their cohorts in similar positions a favor?

We need to do what's best for our side over the long run. I don't think anyone at the club cares much about 100 points. What the club has already demonstrated they care about is keeping players happy and healthy (David Silva anyone?).

That means giving some of the fellows who have sweated it out and have WC places sewn up a combination of a rest and a run-out to keep them fresh but in shape and minimize the chance of injury. There's no question Yaya will get some time as a farewell, but it also means giving our youth a chance to get full match experience, not cameos. Mendy will get some time as he recovers; Zinky in MF where belongs as well as Foden and Diaz.

Seeing as we're going to play some of the teams in and around the relegation zone, I don't think clubs would be too happy if we fielded too many youngsters against their potential rivals.

Who cares? This is the benefit of dominating the league. Let the big guns rest up for the WC and lets see what the kids can do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.