5 Games Left, Which Players...

Great opportunity to give Mendy game time. Amazing that he is one of our most popular players but I think he has contributed massively this season.

I think Foden proved yesteday he can cut it at this level if given a chance. He should get at least one start before teh end of the season.

Hope to see Diaz off the bench early in the next game and getting a start as well if he shows he deserves it.

Nmecha I hope will get a sub appearance or two.

I doubt that we will see anybody else this season?

Zinchenko in his preferred position. He’s earned the right for minutes there to show what he can do, and I don’t mean last 20mins of a game. Give him a proper game there

If 5 games is still the requirement for a PL winner's medal, then I want to see Foden, Diaz, Ya Ya and Mendy all afforded the opportunity to reach that 5 game target (and I think Ya Ya probably already has). Might be more difficult for Bravo, but I'd like to see him get one too

I'd like to see Foden and Diaz given more playing time. But, for me, it is not just the number of minutes played this is important, but the quality of those minutes. Too often Diaz and Foden have played either for only the final 10 minutes or so in games that are already won, when the tempo has gone right out of the game, or played in quite disjointed sides, when lots of changes have been made. It is important that they getting playing time at full, competitive PL tempo, with the first choice players around them. Foden got this yesterday (and was very impressive), because we were still playing aggressively and with intensity until the final whistler (which has rarely been the case when playing with a handsome lead). Hopefully we'll see both he and Diaz given more quality time in the last four matches.

I'd like to see Foden and Diaz given more playing time. But, for me, it is not just the number of minutes played this is important, but the quality of those minutes. Too often Diaz and Foden have played either for only the final 10 minutes or so in games that are already won, when the tempo has gone right out of the game, or played in quite disjointed sides, when lots of changes have been made. It is important that they getting playing time at full, competitive PL tempo, with the first choice players around them. Foden got this yesterday (and was very impressive), because we were still playing aggressively and with intensity until the final whistler (which has rarely been the case when playing with a handsome lead). Hopefully we'll see both he and Diaz given more quality time in the last four matches.

It was also good to see Foden in his natural habit. Both he and, particularly, Diaz have often been plonked out wide when they've come on, which doesn't really suit either of them. Foden looked class yesterday. My worry with Diaz is that he still plays with his head down too much (dribble after dribble), but I'd like to see him operate where Dave does currently, and as you say in a meaningful contest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.