'Alfie's army' Alder hey protest

im worked a lot of people at Alder hey including on scenario planning for developing patient services. It’s a very sad situation all round and I can understand the parents position.

However, a children’s hospital hospital can’t be prepared for the rent a mob events and the situation must also be depressing for staff.

Call me cynical but I have the feeling half the protesters are just doing it for attention and a pat on the back rather than being genuinely emotionally invested in it... Mob mentality yet again rearing it's ugly head in modern Britain, social media doesn't help because you get people vainly feeding off it like they are some kind of celebrities.
No cynicism there, just the Gods honest truth.

For those that are bracketing all people from Liverpool as scum and far worse, where do you think most of the fantastic staff working at AH come from or live? Get a fucking grip..... Some of the comments on here are as bad as some of the numpties outside the hospital, many of those protesting are not even from Liverpool but have their own beliefs or agenda. There are quite a few there from Greater Manchester. This crap has been going on for weeks now disrupting everything in and around the hospital.

Wherever the rights and wrongs of the issues and legal decisions that have been made with regard to Alfie, his parents deserve our thoughts, and the patients, parents and staff at AH need to be left alone and in peace to deal with whatever they are managing or dealing with.

I sometimes work at the hospital. I also live in Liverpool and know many staff. I have also lost a child. These type of situations are many faceted and very complex. How many of the numpties making silly comments actually had any interest in this case prior to making disparaging comments about a city’s whole population? Forget the football tribalism and have a think about some of what is being posted.

im worked a lot of people at Alder hey including on scenario planning for developing patient services. It’s a very sad situation all round and I can understand the parents position.
I have sympathy for the parents but it's difficult to defend their position. Their primary responsibility is to their child, who is dying. It's not like a tumour where there's a possible chance of helping with a revolutionary treatment. His brain-stem functions are gone, irretrievably. He's going to die, maybe tonight, tomorrow, next week. Their position should be to make the appropriate arrangements for that moment, not prolong the kid's suffering.

I have sympathy for the parents but it's difficult to defend their position. Their primary responsibility is to their child, who is dying. It's not like a tumour where there's a possible chance of helping with a revolutionary treatment. His brain-stem functions are gone, irretrievably. He's going to die, maybe tonight, tomorrow, next week. Their position should be to make the appropriate arrangements for that moment, not prolong the kid's suffering.

Spot on Colin

For those that are bracketing all people from Liverpool as scum and far worse, where do you think most of the fantastic staff working at AH come from or live? Get a fucking grip..... Some of the comments on here are as bad as some of the numpties outside the hospital, many of those protesting are not even from Liverpool but have their own beliefs or agenda. There are quite a few there from Greater Manchester. This crap has been going on for weeks now disrupting everything in and around the hospital.

Wherever the rights and wrongs of the issues and legal decisions that have been made with regard to Alfie, his parents deserve our thoughts, and the patients, parents and staff at AH need to be left alone and in peace to deal with whatever they are managing or dealing with.

I sometimes work at the hospital. I also live in Liverpool and know many staff. I have also lost a child. These type of situations are many faceted and very complex. How many of the numpties making silly comments actually had any interest in this case prior to making disparaging comments about a city’s whole population? Forget the football tribalism and have a think about some of what is being posted.

Anyone who has branded all liverpudlians as scum an evil are fuckin twats mate. Ignore them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.