Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit when I first saw the photo below last night I immediately thought "looks more likely to be a scouser" despite the report I was reading suggesting it was a Roma fan but it is impossible to be sure either way. The Echo seem to have decided it was a Roma fan, perhaps unsurprisingly.

Maybe one of the others in the photo will inform Liverpool police as to his identity ,like they did with the scotes that attacked our coach!!!!
Liverpool-v-Roma-fans-with-hammer.jpg

Real will get the decisions the Scouse have been getting.

Agreed...for some reason it seems to have liverpools name written on it this year. They go hell for leather with their tactics but as we saw last night, remove their threat and they are bang average and they fade in the last 20mins because of the effort they put in. Liverpool basically long ball it to the front 3 at the earliest opportunity and so far it has worked in this competition.

Next week will be a hostile atmosphere for liverpool, they are basically stuffed in terms of choices available with the injury last night across their midfield. we all know what the tactic is before the next game comes around, win the ball back and launch it to salah asap - if that makes klopp on a par with Pep then i am the pope's uncle. Nice try to the pundit who is trying to toe that line. I think klopp has a poor record in finals.

The only side I can see ruining their party is real madrid. If madrid manage the game correctly, liverpool will be knackered come the last quarter of the game and will be there for the taking.

Agreed...for some reason it seems to have liverpools name written on it this year. They go hell for leather with their tactics but as we saw last night, remove their threat and they are bang average and they fade in the last 20mins because of the effort they put in. Liverpool basically long ball it to the front 3 at the earliest opportunity and so far it has worked in this competition.

Next week will be a hostile atmosphere for liverpool, they are basically stuffed in terms of choices available with the injury last night across their midfield. we all know what the tactic is before the next game comes around, win the ball back and launch it to salah asap - if that makes klopp on a par with Pep then i am the pope's uncle. Nice try to the pundit who is trying to toe that line. I think klopp has a poor record in finals.

The only side I can see ruining their party is real madrid. If madrid manage the game correctly, liverpool will be knackered come the last quarter of the game and will be there for the taking.

This is Real Madrid’s competition. Uefa love Real Madrid more than any other side.

Roma could have scored last night before Liverpool got going. Ronaldo doesn’t need two chances. He scores.

Liverpool have a sniff and they have done well to get there (which they will) with some good fortune but I would always favour Madrid in a final against anyone.

Who do we reckon is best equipped to stop them in the final Bayern or Real?

I'd like to think they are both more than capable. Barely seen Bayern this season but you'd think they might be physically stronger and they can pass through a side or go long. Madrid still have claims to having the best starting 11. Madrid also have that mind set that this is their tournament and are not likely to bottle it on the big day.

I just hope that whoever is currently the better of the two wins out and then turns up for the final.

This is Real Madrid’s competition. Uefa love Real Madrid more than any other side.

Roma could have scored last night before Liverpool got going. Ronaldo doesn’t need two chances. He scores.

Liverpool have a sniff and they have done well to get there (which they will) with some good fortune but I would always favour Madrid in a final against anyone.

I wouldn't usually fancy Madrid in a final v Barca but anyone else.

What I wouldn't give for a 3-0 Roma win..... wishful thinking.

Thinking about the decisions that have gone for them in this competition to date (against us and then again last night) I'm beginning to fear the worst and think their name could be on it this year

Praying I am wrong.
Well given the fact that the Same team of German officials that gave an offside goal to them whilst denying a clear penalty to us were awarded their very next home tie, I would say you’re right.
It really doesn’t sit well with me. How can the same officials be awarded the same home team tie after making such egregious mistakes? It’s almost like they were rewarded.

Rivalries aside, Liverpool have been a breath of fresh air in the Champions League. A unique style of football that can rattle any team in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.