Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivalries aside, Liverpool have been a breath of fresh air in the Champions League. A unique style of football that can rattle any team in the world.

Not quite a unique style - lumping the ball to the front 3. What i would agree on is that it has been effective so far in a knockout competition rounds.

I hate Ronaldo but by fuck will I be shouting him on if Real play the Scouse twats in the final

Rivalries aside, Liverpool have been a breath of fresh air in the Champions League. A unique style of football that can rattle any team in the world.
You'd have thought teams would have worked out that defending deeper and not giving Liverpool the space behind their defence to exploit was the way forward. Marking Salah would help as well. Clearly not. NOT for us or any CL knockout phase team.
Teams worked it out against us by the start of November - yet keep inviting Liverpool to score. You play them like we did against Barca in Dec 2016 or like Utd do every game. Or like WBA and Swansea have. Defend deep and dont give them space!
I fully expect Pep to keep using the same tactics against Liverpool though (and probably comming off badly). I do hope he finally gets a grip and at least uses a double pivot next time.

Last edited:

I agree. They can press exceptionally well, they can now sit deeper and defend pretty comfortably while looking organised. Van Dijk has obviously played a massive part in that but their two young full backs have been very good recently also. I just think Karius has question marks still and of course Lovren is a car crash waiting to happen.

Salah is rightly so getting all the plaudits but Firmino is a complete centre forward right now, can do everything you ask of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.