It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Neves would be twice the price of Nunes but come with less international experience, limited Champions League experience, and having never played in England. We could also have bought him last summer for less than we spent. As such, I can only see our interest being genuine if it involves Bernardo heading in that direction, which I hope is not the case.

Neves would be twice the price of Nunes but come with less international experience, limited Champions League experience, and having never played in England. We could also have bought him last summer for less than we spent. As such, I can only see our interest being genuine if it involves Bernardo heading in that direction, which I hope is not the case.
i rather have this than lose Bernardo to Barcelona for the money we could never see in the bank accounts.

i rather have this than lose Bernardo to Barcelona for the money we could never see in the bank accounts.
If Bernardo leaves this summer, it will be because someone has stumped up the cash, and then we can use that money towards getting the players we need. As I’ve said elsewhere, close to €60 million for a 30-year-old is a tough stretch for teams on the continent. Neves is a fine prospect but not one who would immediately lighten Rodri’s workload or replace what Bernardo brings, so if he’s coming to England, it might not be to us.

If Bernardo leaves this summer, it will be because someone has stumped up the cash, and then we can use that money towards getting the players we need. As I’ve said elsewhere, close to €60 million for a 30-year-old is a tough stretch for teams on the continent. Neves is a fine prospect but not one who would immediately lighten Rodri’s workload or replace what Bernardo brings, so if he’s coming to England, it might not be to us.

i think the club long term would want Neves but it seems according to Tolmie that Pep wants Bruno?

i think the club long term would want Neves but it seems according to Tolmie that Pep wants Bruno?
The last two seasons have seen us tread water in terms of centre midfield, and that’s being generous, so it would be folly to pin our hopes on one so young and inexperienced. The games away to Arsenal and Liverpool showed what can happen when the midfield is overrun, so Guimaraes and Paqueta make sense.

The last two seasons have seen us tread water in terms of centre midfield, and that’s being generous, so it would be folly to pin our hopes on one so young and inexperienced. The games away to Arsenal and Liverpool showed what can happen when the midfield is overrun, so Guimaraes and Paqueta make sense.

agree personally mate, Bruno and Paqueta would be two statement signings ready to play straight away and have played for years at the top level? Pep is only going to stay a max of 3 more years imo and will want players for the now and not just the future?

Could probably reach 200m in sales, but it`s gonna be an expensive summer nevertheless. Could see Ortega going and potentially Walker to Saudi. Gomez and Bernardo seem nailed on as well. Graeme Bailey suggests Kovacic might go to Saudi as well, which makes sense as we seem to want 2 midfielders this summer,

Might need another GK, RB, DM, CM and RW/LW and that`s not even including Branthwaite/Yoro or a LB replacement for Gomez

Probably end up giving Bernardo to Barcelona and €50,000,000

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.