The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

You won’t be seeing any top bands then. In fact doubt you’ll get to see many mid tier bands for less than £40. Bands that play 2/3000 capacity venues are charging around £40/50.
Can still get some decent prices on the bands that haven’t become famous yet but are cracking. The K’s at Parr Hall was £15 last week. Any names will be £50 plus. Garbage £58 at the Apollo.

I paid £45 a few weeks ago in the pre sale for Nick Cave at the AO Arena in November.

Geriatric rock rules, OK! I wonder how many of the audience are wearing those nappy things..
But that’s the point. You were talking about paying to watch Bowie if he were still around, but they are all a poor version of what they were when they were decent/wrote their best songs/made their name.

Stevie Nicks was mentioned. Her prices are extortion, but even if it was £35 I wouldn’t go - edge of seventeen? More like edge of 76, and (completely understandably) can’t perform anything like she did.

On a different note, off to see Orbital in Manchester after the Wolves game, and tickets for that were £38.50.

But that’s the point. You were talking about paying to watch Bowie if he were still around, but they are all a poor version of what they were when they were decent/wrote their best songs/made their name.

Stevie Nicks was mentioned. Her prices are extortion, but even if it was £35 I wouldn’t go - edge of seventeen? More like edge of 76, and (completely understandably) can’t perform anything like she did.

On a different note, off to see Orbital in Manchester after the Wolves game, and tickets for that were £38.50.
I know...I don't like watching these old stars struggle to sing their old songs. It can sound too painful at times. I've watched a few on YouTube.. Blondie at Glasto, I think...that was awful.
Some of my friends like to go and see the tribute bands....cheap and some sound good.

Waiting to watch Jane Weaver at the Castle and Falcon in Brum. £20 a ticket and she'll play 90 minutes. £10 for 2 pints and a couple of hundred in. Forget large venues they're shit experiences
To me its the extremes that work for concerts, stadiums or small and personal. Can't honestly say I've been to an arena and thought the acoustics were great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.