PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The hearing may not have been held, but evidence disclosure between both parties will have long since taken place.

The crucial thing here is the courts prefer both sides to hammer out the parts they agree on so they can be removed from the pleadings. If both sides still can't reach a pre-hearing settlement, it's only then you attend court to argue the irreconcilable differences.

Now our hearing isn't a legal proceeding, but if the IC are Barristers, I assume they'll follow the accepted way disputes are conducted & resolved in law. It's done this way to save on court time & costs.

If a settlement can be reached prior to the court date & the burden of costs agreed, this generally suits everyone all round without the need for a costly, time-consuming hearing.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that this is what's happened. Masters maybe a fuckin dick & patsy for the Red Top Mafia & Spuds, but I doubt he's that much of an arse as to come out in public & state:

"We can’t comment on the case, the date is set. The case will resolve itself at some point in the near future."

After being pressed on whether it would be “damaging” for City to be crowned champions of England for a second time since the matter was referred to an independent commission, Masters went on to say:

"It's not for football authorities to start selecting who they would like to win the league. The key point is that you’ve got that jeopardy until the final day. Who knows where we’ll be on May 19?"

It's my personal feeling that the IC has possibly let it be known that if this were in the Civil or Law Courts, the accusations would be thrown out considering the poor level of accusation evidence offered, & the irrefutable level of defence evidence offered.

Masters sounds like a man who just wanted a cushy job without all this bollocks, but who's now looking for an honourable way out without the PL losing face.

Too fuckin late dude. The Cartel Clubs allowed their utter hatred of City to get in the way of commonsense reality. This is their mess & it's up to them to get on their knees & clean it up.

They've accused City of mass fraud over an extended period of time in all but name & have fuck all provable evidence to back it up outside of their private members kangaroo court.

They've painted themselves into a corner, with no obvious way out. In this respect, the PL are no different to General Melchett in the case of Speckled Jim...

That is a great post. Your description of the way these sort of cases play out is spot-on. The biggest moment in these legal battles is the advanced disclosure of documents. That's when everyone's cards are on the table. It seems clear that Masters is an imbecile but his lawyers are smart people who will not want to be publically humiliated.

If there is a climbdown then it might not be in City's interests to totally throw the PL under the bus. We are a leading member of the PL and won't want to damage its brand more than neccessary. I am sure that Masters will be thrown to the wolves though, not least because he has managed to alienate senior members of both the Government and Opposition and they are gunning for him. The new Regulator will be used as a way of starting to build bridges. Football is one of the UK's most important industries these days and there is a lot at stake for a lot of people.
Never give a sucker an even break. They hit us hard, so we should smack em back even harder.

That is a great post. Your description of the way these sort of cases play out is spot-on. The biggest moment in these legal battles is the advanced disclosure of documents. That's when everyone's cards are on the table. It seems clear that Masters is an imbecile but his lawyers are smart people who will not want to be publically humiliated.
Exactly how I see it. Now try telling that to the Red Top Mafia & Spuds...

Never give a sucker an even break. They hit us hard, so we should smack em back even harder.
That's how I feel after the way we have been treated but I suspect City will be under political pressure to be more measured in their response. Khaldoon wears a lot of different hats in the world of business and has to keep a lot of people happy. City always take a long-term view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.