PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Nothing really, just take Alberto Galassi’s comments in context, he said he couldn’t say anything but was super confident about our situation, apart from his role at City he’s the top dog at a mega successful Yacht building company and a Lawyer of some repute.

Khaldoon is also of the same opinion and the £300m expansion of the North Stand should encourage the optimism for those of us who are not “ITK’s”.
Do we have a list of reasons to be cheerful?

1 Galassi is super confident
2 The north stand expansion
3 Masters wants it resolved in the near future
4 The cease and desist letters (if they exist)
5 We haven’t been stockpiling young, cheap players like Tommy Doyle who would come in useful if we were relegated
6 We seemed very relaxed about Berrada moving to United

I’m sure there must be more

go back to before the wolves game and you can read exactly this about pawson and twatwell, you can use stats skewed in diff directions to prove most things, we have to show up and take it out of their hands
I certainly never made any claims about Pawson, prior to Wolves, his stats for us are pretty bang on what you would expect.

Also I am not using 'skewed stats', these are clean stats of the referee win % with clubs. You can compare directly with the club's actual win %.

There should not be such huge discrepancies between referee's win % for different club's. Kavanagh's said to support Liverpool, his win % with them is 72.2%, the highest of all PL clubs, (although Klopp's win % is only 60.9%), City's win% under Kavanagh is 60%, although Pep's win % is 72.6%.

Taylor's said to support Utd, his family are season ticket holders, his win % for Utd is 56.1%, Incredibly the highest of all PL clubs! City's win % under Taylor is 52.9%. Remarkable considering our respective success over the last decade! Taylor has also given less penalties against Utd than any other of the big PL sides, almost 4 times less than he's given against City.

I agree we have to show up and try and take it out of their hands but the intention of the PL/Pigmol to try and nobble us in the next 2 fixtures is clear to see.

Last edited:
Do we have a list of reasons to be cheerful?

1 Galassi is super confident
2 The north stand expansion
3 Masters wants it resolved in the near future
4 The cease and desist letters (if they exist)
5 We haven’t been stockpiling young, cheap players like Tommy Doyle who would come in useful if we were relegated
6 We seemed very relaxed about Berrada moving to United

I’m sure there must be more
7 The fact that statutory audit is a fastidious process, meaning the auditors would have sought written assurances to support the club's position re the alleged infractions before providing unqualified audit reports.

8 the nature of the charges meaning multiple parties (including auditors) would be implicated in either colluding with City or being defrauded by City.

9 the high legal bar which must accordingly be cleared.

7 The fact that statutory audit is a fastidious process, meaning the auditors would have sought written assurances to support the club's position re the alleged infractions before providing unqualified audit reports.

8 the nature of the charges meaning multiple parties (including auditors) would be implicated in either colluding with City or being defrauded by City.

9 the high legal bar which must accordingly be cleared.
10: United are fucking shite

We were cleared of financial wrong doing by CAS. Unless the PL have new damning evidence, which if they had I would expect it to have leaked by now, this is another reason to be cheerful.
At the merest whiff of corruption allegations last week, the offices of AC Milan were raided by the police... as were UEFA's HQ and La Liga's HQ...

Now surely, if we were guilty of what the PL is accusing us of, we would have been raided by now?

I certainly never made any claims about Pawson, prior to Wolves, his stats for us are pretty bang on what you would expect.

Also I am not using 'skewed stats', these are clean stats of the referee win % with clubs. You can compare directly with the club's actual win %.

There should not be such huge discrepancies between referee's win % for different club's. Kavanagh's said to support Liverpool, his win % with them is 72.2%, the highest of all PL clubs, (although Klopp's win % is only 60.9%), City's win% under Kavanagh is 60%, although Pep's win % is 72.6%.

Taylor's said to support Utd, his family are season ticket holders, his win % for Utd is 56.1%, Incredibly the highest of all PL clubs! City's win % under Taylor is 52.9%. Remarkable considering our respective success over the last decade! Taylor has also given less penalties against Utd than any other of the big PL sides, almost 4 times less than he's given against City.

I agree we have to show up and try and take it out of their hands but the intention of the PL/Pigmol to try and nobble us in the next 2 fixtures is clear to see.
i wasnt talking about you personally i was talking about the forumn in general we see this about every single ref and unfortunately they are skewed stats because there is a million permeatations that could be added to these stats that would make them different again, were the games home or away, when did the games take place, who was the opposition etc etc, just the amount of games as a win percentage doesnt really tell the full story which is sadly the same with most stats taken in isolation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.