How far will the fall be before evasive action is taken?

I'm usually someone who remains positive and brushes the negatives aside but it's foolish to think that injuries alone have led to our demise in the league.

Our squad isn't good enough. We've got a combination of older players who have lost that edge that made them so effective and players who just haven't got the talent to be in our side. Pellegrini hasn't helped things. Picking the slowest possible back 4 against a side that likes quick counter attacks was a poor choice.

Players have been in bad form and it's not good to over react. However, our form in the league shows that we just don't know how to beat teams anymore. We went away to Sunderland and struggled to retain control of the game through possession football as we used to. We've been caught on the break numerous times and conceded goals from woeful defending. Opposition midfielders can literally jog right through our midfield at times and we've no answer for it.

Considering we have Hart, Zabba, Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov, Demi, Otamendi, Fernando, Delph and Fernandinho fit - shouldn't we be capable of defending?!

If we were drawing 0-0 I'd understand it. We've been hit hardest in the forward positions. When Mangala is fit will that see a huge upturn in defensive performances? Are we really saying that despite the money we've had and indeed spent, we're unable to defend in Kompany is injured?!

It's so terrible being 4th in the league, in a cup final, still in two other cups. That pellegrini is rubbish! Man city are the only team allowed to win anything and if we don't win every game the manager should be sacked!
I'm so sick of our fans moaning. Wasn't so long ago Villa's predicament was ours.
The Leicester game was enjoyable to watch apart from the result. It seems lots of our fans think we have a god given right to win everything because we have bought a lot if players.
Winning competitions is not the norm for clubs the ecstasy of winning is created by the struggles and journey getting there. How boring to win every competition every year without challenge. Yet it is what most of you are desiring.
The abuse levelled at the manager and some players is shameful. I myself do not agree with lots of his decisions such as playing kolarov ahead of clichy in the last match knowing marheez was playing. Also toure for me is a number 10 now not a central midfield player as his legs have gone for that role but is still a goal threat. Still I will not start moaning and abusing players and the manager over it.
Get a grip and enjoy the season the moaning is pathetic as our the unrealistic expectations there are 4 trophies to play for we won't win them every year. Get used to it. Even Barcelona don't do that.

It's so terrible being 4th in the league, in a cup final, still in two other cups. That pellegrini is rubbish! Man city are the only team allowed to win anything and if we don't win every game the manager should be sacked!
I'm so sick of our fans moaning. Wasn't so long ago Villa's predicament was ours.
The Leicester game was enjoyable to watch apart from the result. It seems lots of our fans think we have a god given right to win everything because we have bought a lot if players.
Winning competitions is not the norm for clubs the ecstasy of winning is created by the struggles and journey getting there. How boring to win every competition every year without challenge. Yet it is what most of you are desiring.
The abuse levelled at the manager and some players is shameful. I myself do not agree with lots of his decisions such as playing kolarov ahead of clichy in the last match knowing marheez was playing. Also toure for me is a number 10 now not a central midfield player as his legs have gone for that role but is still a goal threat. Still I will not start moaning and abusing players and the manager over it.
Get a grip and enjoy the season the moaning is pathetic as our the unrealistic expectations there are 4 trophies to play for we won't win them every year. Get used to it. Even Barcelona don't do that.
I dont think it was enjoyable for a city fan to sit through that shit, but the rest i agree with!

I'm usually someone who remains positive and brushes the negatives aside but it's foolish to think that injuries alone have led to our demise in the league.

Our squad isn't good enough. We've got a combination of older players who have lost that edge that made them so effective and players who just haven't got the talent to be in our side. Pellegrini hasn't helped things. Picking the slowest possible back 4 against a side that likes quick counter attacks was a poor choice.

Players have been in bad form and it's not good to over react. However, our form in the league shows that we just don't know how to beat teams anymore. We went away to Sunderland and struggled to retain control of the game through possession football as we used to. We've been caught on the break numerous times and conceded goals from woeful defending. Opposition midfielders can literally jog right through our midfield at times and we've no answer for it.

Considering we have Hart, Zabba, Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov, Demi, Otamendi, Fernando, Delph and Fernandinho fit - shouldn't we be capable of defending?!

If we were drawing 0-0 I'd understand it. We've been hit hardest in the forward positions. When Mangala is fit will that see a huge upturn in defensive performances? Are we really saying that despite the money we've had and indeed spent, we're unable to defend in Kompany is injured?!
Good post. The problem is not that our players cannot defend, the problem is they cannot play in the tactical system Pellegrini wants, and that Pellegrini refuses to adapt and set up a system which our players can execute. His insistence borders on stupidity for me, especially given that the Seville game, and the Rag away game, actually showed how it can be done.
I hope the club management will have an emergency plan in place in case we are in danger of dropping out of top 4. If we loose to Spurs we will be in danger IMHO.

Your first couple of lines are embarrassing. If you are happy with what you are seeing and the level of performance relative to the squad we have then I am very happy for you and would not criticise you for that at all. But to try to imply that those fans who expect our players to perform to somewhere near their potential and to be managed in such a way that gives them a half decent chance of doing so are somehow spoilt brats who think that we have a divine right to win every game is a gross misrepresentation. You're the only person who I have seen type anything approaching "Man city are the only team allowed to win anything and if we don't win every game the manager should be sacked!" albeit sarcastically. In short, don't be a twat.

we can critisise poor form and results because its what we see put in front of us, as our expectations of performance should be high with this squad.

but being in 4 trophies and patting ourselves on the back like we`ve won any of them i`ll save till the end of season thanks

As an aside, when Martial cut inside and shot against Chelsea (Courtois making a good save) both Martin Tyler and Alan Smith commented on his goal against Stoke, the previous midweek, and how opponents would now “Get wise” to Martial’s favourite move.

Does anybody think that City will be prepared for Martial’s favourite move next month?

we can critisise poor form and results because its what we see put in front of us, as our expectations of performance should be high with this squad.

but being in 4 trophies and patting ourselves on the back like we`ve won any of them i`ll save till the end of season thanks
It begs the question are we only allowed to be concerned when it gets to 3 trophies or do we have to wait for 2...1...0. Because essentially that is the point, we may technically be still competing for four trophies but the way we are playing many fans think it is fairly certain that we will end up with none and are more worried about top 4 status than whether we will win the league.

It begs the question are we only allowed to be concerned when it gets to 3 trophies or do we have to wait for 2...1...0. Because essentially that is the point, we may technically be still competing for four trophies but the way we are playing many fans think it is fairly certain that we will end up with none and are more worried about top 4 status than whether we will win the league.

There's 4 teams who are still in 4 competitions at the start of the season aren't there. And 20 that are in 3 competitions.

"Being in" the competition means fuck all to be honest and it's all meaningless hype. Unless you actually win any of them, it barely matters. (Granted, there could be a whiff of satisfaction if we progressed in the CL and lost in the final, for example. But you know what I mean.)

I agree with those that say at this rate we are going to win fuck all and on the back of winning fuck all last year as well, combined with the money spent, you'd have to say that was an unmitigated disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.