Ibrahimovic - "free"
Rashford - Acad
Total £272m

Summary:
City - £138m, Av. Cost £12.5m
United - £272m, Av Cost £24.7m

Difference - £134m,
The "free" bit did make me chuckle.

Was watching the game in a pub in Calgary yesterday with another Manc (blue of course) and a load of rags...not one of them from anywhere close.

There was a right mouthy twat (Canadian) trying to educate some unsuspecting neutrals within earshot with such corkers as...

"City are famous for never filling their ground...they have 20,000 spare seats every game...we sing a song about it"

"They only get the crowds they get because of Arab investment making them more attractive"

"They're only a small club and if you walk down the street in Manchester you might see the odd city shirt, but it's rare"

I'd had enough, especially the last comment, so I said

"So which part of Manchester are you from then?"

It startled him because I don't think he thought there was anything but rags in there.

"Erm..I'm not from Manchester"

"Well we both are, and everyone in here needs to know you're talking absolute shite"

The whole place started laughing at him. Even some of the rags. It was priceless.

He then felt the need to enlighten us with "actually my dads a city fan and my mums a Liverpool fan".

a **** of the highest order.

Do we actually want the toxic one to be sacked? I don't, he's doing just as good a job as Moyseyeyey and Van Haaaal - i'll be delighted if they get to the final of the carling cup and finish 5th again and have to repeat the ignominy of the europa cup
Depends who would replace him. Every reasonable manager knows it's a poisoned chalice, and their arrogance won't let them appoint one of the lesser known managers.
I'd be pissed off if the nicked Poch from Spuds, but it would be quite amusing if they got Fat Sam.
As for the match: Can I assume the split between "didn't want the League Cup anyway" (bit like the rags not wanting Pep) and "hate losing to that shower of shite" varies significantly between those of us who actually went and those who didn't?

Depends who would replace him. Every reasonable manager knows it's a poisoned chalice, and their arrogance won't let them appoint one of the lesser known managers.
I'd be pissed off if the nicked Poch from Spuds, but it would be quite amusing if they got Fat Sam.
As for the match: Can I assume the split between "didn't want the League Cup anyway" (bit like the rags not wanting Pep) and "hate losing to that shower of shite" varies significantly between those of us who actually went and those who didn't?[/QUOTE]

No, i went, and think he picked the right side which i'd expected all along, he did the same at Swansea and nobody at all on this board would be complaining if he'd picked that side at Liverpool for example and we'd got the same result.
Only one side in this weeks round decided to play their best available 11, the rags, that says more about them than us. We've won this competition twice in 3 years partly because everyone else has fielded weaker/younger sides until the latter stages and has paid the price. Now that's not me saying i wouldn't have liked to have beat them and gone on to win it again however i'm of the view that it's the least important on offer and players need resting before crucial periods of the season come along. Also we would never know which kids are available to move into the first team squad if we weren't going to blood them in this competition, the Rags learn't nothing on Wednesday, we now know Maffeo and Garcia can jump into the first team at any given time and contribute.
Like i've said in other threads regarding this game, more people are concerned regarding bragging rights and having the piss took than actually going out, only the really deluded rag prick in work tried getting smug, all the others realise after that how far behind they now actually are.

As for the match: Can I assume the split between "didn't want the League Cup anyway" (bit like the rags not wanting Pep) and "hate losing to that shower of shite" varies significantly between those of us who actually went and those who didn't?

No, i went, and think he picked the right side which i'd expected all along, he did the same at Swansea and nobody at all on this board would be complaining if he'd picked that side at Liverpool for example and we'd got the same result.
Only one side in this weeks round decided to play their best available 11, the rags, that says more about them than us. We've won this competition twice in 3 years partly because everyone else has fielded weaker/younger sides until the latter stages and has paid the price. Now that's not me saying i wouldn't have liked to have beat them and gone on to win it again however i'm of the view that it's the least important on offer and players need resting before crucial periods of the season come along. Also we would never know which kids are available to move into the first team squad if we weren't going to blood them in this competition, the Rags learn't nothing on Wednesday, we now know Maffeo and Garcia can jump into the first team at any given time and contribute.
Like i've said in other threads regarding this game, more people are concerned regarding bragging rights and having the piss took than actually going out, only the really deluded rag prick in work tried getting smug, all the others realise after that how far behind they now actually are.[/QUOTE]

Was watching the game in a pub in Calgary yesterday with another Manc (blue of course) and a load of rags...not one of them from anywhere close.

There was a right mouthy twat (Canadian) trying to educate some unsuspecting neutrals within earshot with such corkers as...

"City are famous for never filling their ground...they have 20,000 spare seats every game...we sing a song about it"

"They only get the crowds they get because of Arab investment making them more attractive"

"They're only a small club and if you walk down the street in Manchester you might see the odd city shirt, but it's rare"

I'd had enough, especially the last comment, so I said

"So which part of Manchester are you from then?"

It startled him because I don't think he thought there was anything but rags in there.

"Erm..I'm not from Manchester"

"Well we both are, and everyone in here needs to know you're talking absolute shite"

The whole place started laughing at him. Even some of the rags. It was priceless.

He then felt the need to enlighten us with "actually my dads a city fan and my mums a Liverpool fan".

a **** of the highest order.

Im not a violent man but he would of been mightily close to getting a beer bottle rammed up his arse. Theres nothing worse than rag twats who wouldnt be able to point manchester out on a map talking shite like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.