£100 on City Every Home Game

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Damocles said:
What are the odds for City to not drop a single point at home next year?

19 straight winners can't be bad odds, surely?

I'm crap at betting. Which is dodgy considering that I built a betting site a few years back.

Can't find anything on the exchanges for not dropping a home point,but the best price to be unbeaten at home is 18/1,which is pretty poor,and we are 66/1 to go unbeaten in the Premiership all season.

I think 18/1 is quite good actually. They'll have to be good to beat us at our place next season.

GazC said:
sjk2008 said:
If you were to win all 18 home games next season, then hypothetically stick United, Arsenal & Chelsea at 1/2, Spuds & Liverpool at 1/3 then the rest at say 1/5, you'd win:

£100 x3 @ 1/2 means £50 x3 winnings = £150 (+£300 stake back)
£100 x2 @ 1/3 means £33 x2 winnings = £66 (+£200 stake back)
£100 x13 @ 1/5 means £20 x13 winnings = £260 (+£1300 stake back)

You're overall winnings would be around £470. Not that much when you consider you have staked £1800 on over the season. Then again, the likeliness of City failing to win on 4 occasions at home isn't high, so if you have the cash, it might not be too bad an idea.

I wouldn't do it though.

Edit - Didn't think you meant putting accumulative winnings on each match. Obviously the potential winnings that way is much higher, however the potential loss would be equally disappointing.

19 home league games - putting accumulative winnings on each game your potential loss is only ever £100 - putting £100 on each game and your potential losses are £1,900 - betting accumulative winnings is less risky.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it and the kind of gambler you are.

If it was me, regardless of the fact that I had 'only' put £100 on, if I was 12 games into the season and my accumulative winnings were quite big, and I'm about to lump them on another City win on the following game, I would look at that bet as a massive stake, not a smallish stake which has got bigger through winning.

You got to take into account that we just might lose 2 and draw 2 so thats £400 loss right there!

I reckon most games odds wise will be 1/6 or even 1/9 playing the scum the best odds you'd probably get is 4/6 and the better odds games are the ones we are more likely to draw or lose so really your looking at winning around £20 to £30 per game out of the over 15 games that's around £300 to £450 of winnings...

Not worth it!

sjk2008 said:
GazC said:
sjk2008 said:
If you were to win all 18 home games next season, then hypothetically stick United, Arsenal & Chelsea at 1/2, Spuds & Liverpool at 1/3 then the rest at say 1/5, you'd win:

£100 x3 @ 1/2 means £50 x3 winnings = £150 (+£300 stake back)
£100 x2 @ 1/3 means £33 x2 winnings = £66 (+£200 stake back)
£100 x13 @ 1/5 means £20 x13 winnings = £260 (+£1300 stake back)

You're overall winnings would be around £470. Not that much when you consider you have staked £1800 on over the season. Then again, the likeliness of City failing to win on 4 occasions at home isn't high, so if you have the cash, it might not be too bad an idea.

I wouldn't do it though.

Edit - Didn't think you meant putting accumulative winnings on each match. Obviously the potential winnings that way is much higher, however the potential loss would be equally disappointing.

19 home league games - putting accumulative winnings on each game your potential loss is only ever £100 - putting £100 on each game and your potential losses are £1,900 - betting accumulative winnings is less risky.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it and the kind of gambler you are.

If it was me, regardless of the fact that I had 'only' put £100 on, if I was 12 games into the season and my accumulative winnings were quite big, and I'm about to lump them on another City win on the following game, I would look at that bet as a massive stake, not a smallish stake which has got bigger through winning.

That's true - but I just use the accumulator attitude, as you're essentially just doing the same thing. i.e. if I had a six team accumulator and 4 results came in I'd be annoyed I came close to winning, but I wouldn't think of the potential returns of those 4 games as being my money.

Rather than do this on City games though I would do it over 50 games in the Champions League and WC Qualifiers. As long as you're patient you can get a tidy return every couple of months. Be prepared for the bookies to ban you though, they don't like people that continuously bet on short odd certs in qualifying games.

Hamann Pineapple said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Damocles said:
What are the odds for City to not drop a single point at home next year?

19 straight winners can't be bad odds, surely?

I'm crap at betting. Which is dodgy considering that I built a betting site a few years back.

Can't find anything on the exchanges for not dropping a home point,but the best price to be unbeaten at home is 18/1,which is pretty poor,and we are 66/1 to go unbeaten in the Premiership all season.

I think 18/1 is quite good actually. They'll have to be good to beat us at our place next season.

I agree with Hamann, think 18/1 to go unbeaten in the league at home is a great price.

roll ur bet over each match rather then take the 18/1(joke price), will make the odds slightly lower to take into account commisiion on betfair

utd 2
chelsea 1.9
arsenal 1.8
spurs 1.8
everton 1.45
newcastle 1.45
villa 1.2
sunderland 1.3
west ham 1.25
southampton 1.2
qpr 1.2
liverpool 1.75
norwich 1.2
swansea1.2
wigan 1.15
reading 1.15
fulham 1.3
stoke 1.25
west brom 1.2

as a acc odds around 470/1

A chap at work bets big on odds on football matches 1/5 shots etc, he'll put £2000 to win £400, he's come unstuck a couple of times though and then he has to make up the £2000 he has just lost.

route46 said:
roll ur bet over each match rather then take the 18/1(joke price), will make the odds slightly lower to take into account commisiion on betfair

utd 2
chelsea 1.9
arsenal 1.8
spurs 1.8
everton 1.45
newcastle 1.45
villa 1.2
sunderland 1.3
west ham 1.25
southampton 1.2
qpr 1.2
liverpool 1.75
norwich 1.2
swansea1.2
wigan 1.15
reading 1.15
fulham 1.3
stoke 1.25
west brom 1.2

as a acc odds around 470/1

Those prices are to WIN every home match, whereas the 18/1 is to be unbeaten (the draw is included).

18/1 to repeat something that we achieved last season is a great price.

Best price on Double Chance (City & Draw) is 1/40 (1.025) for the Southampton game.

fallowfieldflyer said:
What would you expect to get (roughly) over the season if you put £100 on City to WIN every home game in the season.Just a thought.

Would be a rich man!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.