£250k of Taxpayer Money for MP Portraits

So politics should be boring then. Tell you what shall we just ban statues of our great leaders and delete our history? As much as I can't stand the woman Diane Abbott has much to celebrate and is an inspiration to younger politicians. We will pull down the Palace of Westminster and settle for a boring Parliament building instead which nobody will visit and less people will be inclined to get involved with politics.

This is a nothing story. Every Civil Service department spends money....

foxy said:
So politics should be boring then. Tell you what shall we just ban statues of our great leaders and delete our history? As much as I can't stand the woman Diane Abbott has much to celebrate and is an inspiration to younger politicians. We will pull down the Palace of Westminster and settle for a boring Parliament building instead which nobody will visit and less people will be inclined to get involved with politics.

What a load of complete hysterical nonsense.

Politics is anything but boring but looking at pics of polititians is my idea of hell.

As my dad would say "its not where it is at".
People want to see action, not rich polititians who see the public as a fly in their soup sat on ther arse whilst the country is in need.

I do not pay my taxes for this bollocks, want a painting done?
Then cough up yourself, they are paid enough.
Or you pay for them and i will send my cash to a school.

I don't think pictures of past polititians would account for 1% of the take up of politics by people either.

People would engage more without the barriers in our way, they won't even give us a vote unless a gun is to their head regarding europe and more.
When people feel like their opinion counts they will until then they won't.
No amount of paintings will change this.

That money could be better spent. It's frivolous and totally takes the piss.

foxy said:

1 - Politics is boring.

2 - Statues and paintings are not fun.

3 - Politics was never meant to be entertainment.

4 - It's astonishing how far some slaves will go to defend their masters.

5 - Anyone inspired by Diane Abbot is likely scum like the woman herself.

6 - Peace and love

Maybe the problem is the photos, just aren't a true reflection of reality. Time for a change.

22-savilethatcher-gt.jpg

article-2462892-18C6476100000578-425_964x700.jpg

cameron_clegg_baby_photo.jpg

foxy said:

Diane fucking Abbott is no inspiration to anyone unless you are an aspiring self obsessed hypocritical wanker with an axe to grind .

TheMightyQuinn said:
foxy said:

4 - It's astonishing how far some slaves will go to defend their masters.

Yes, this guy obviously sees himself as a mulatto.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Brazil#Race_relations

foxy said:
This is £250k. The beeb wastes millions £££££

Yes there are definitely bigger wastes of money but it's a bit rich when as a society we despise single mothers, the unemployed and the handicapped for their meagre benefits to turn round and excuse posh people for wasting 250k of it on what is essentially fucking wank.

foxy said:
This is £250k. The beeb wastes millions £££££

Yes, but this a thread on politics, not the BBC. I happen to think that the BBC is both corrupt and obsolete but that is for a different thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.