£40,000 pw for Alan Hansen.......

Mugatu said:
It's actually only slightly high for a TV panelist on a major ratings winning programme. Have a gander around and see what other wages you can find, Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross, Paxman and Dale Winton have all done very well out of the BBC. The fact that everyone here talks about Hansen would seem to indicate that he's causing talking points every week.

Lineker is paid more by the way, and I reckon he does a far worse job. Grinning, and coming out with puns and bon mots does not make for a great football presenter.

Hansen causes talking points ON HERE because he is totally biased, never gives us any credit and completely fails to spot the blindingly obvious week in week out. When was the last time you ever saw anyone else in the media saying Alan Hansen was a bit controversial last night eh?

I'll give you a clue, never! He is a boring clueless twat who isn't worth £40 a week never mind £40,000.

hertsblue said:
Pretty shocking tbh but typical BBC. Wasting millions on some "celebs" when they could get someone to host a show for a fraction of the cost. 40k a year would seem high but a week takes the piss

MOTD needs a major revamp anyhow, get rid of the dinosaurs and get someone in who has recently played the game. Or change the guests weekly on it

Why does the show need anyone to comment on the game? Do you watch MOTD because Hanson / ''Lawro'' / Shearer / whoever is on it? Or do you watch it for the games that are on?

BlueTony said:
Hansen causes talking points ON HERE because he is totally biased, never gives us any credit and completely fails to spot the blindingly obvious week in week out.

Yeah, I gather that Bluemoan see him as biased, I see it every few days on here (sensitive souls, some of the bluemoan regulars) but to say he never gives City and credit is a bald faced lie. Every week he praises most of our players over and over, praises Mancini, loves our style of play. But when he hints that there might be an area or two where we could get even better everyone on here has a hissy fit and screams "how dare he slag us off!". There are people here who simply ignore the positive and continously focus on the few negatives... it's not healthy. Or particularly honest.

Ahh the Daily Mein Kampf, Hating what you hate and telling you what to hate.

Lord Rothermere the champion of middle England, and owner of the above named arse wipe material is non domiciled for tax purposes and channels dividends from his ultra patritotic newspapers through Bermuda, a tax heaven.

That's the last time I want to hear him harp on about our players wages, at least they work every day. "Pace, power, passion, pace, defend, pace"(look smug, smirk, crack shitty joke with Lawrenson and lean back). Not bad work if you can get it.

Unbelievable, he work's for a couple of days a week, most people look foward to watching how shit his analasis is, because it is! Y don't the bbc give eddie the eagle a couple of mill to talk about ski jumping? The players in the lower leagues earn a pittance but put their bodies through so much! like i say unbelievable!

Shaggy said:
Ahh the Daily Mein Kampf, Hating what you hate and telling you what to hate.

Lord Rothermere the champion of middle England, and owner of the above named arse wipe material is non domiciled for tax purposes and channels dividends from his ultra patritotic newspapers through Bermuda, a tax heaven.

Can i steal this as it's the truth?

About 5 years ago Cleadon FC in South Shields were arranging a sportsmans dinner on a Saturday evening. The Chairman told me they had approached Hansen's agent who told them that as long as they could match what he would get paid by MOTD then he would come. He asked how much this would be and was quoted £17k. Now if that was only 5 years ago then he has had some above inflation pay rises since!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.