‘Melted' City badge? Guardiola

yeah, you’re right r kid, sorted, sweet, mad for it - lol
Why is it when I'm reading this, in my head I'm saying it in a very nasal dialect. It's those Gallaghers innit:)

Last edited:
i could understand trying to pay homage to something that really popular (like Oasis) but the Madchester thing always feel is tried to made bigger in retrospect than it actually was.

I was only 9 but I dont even remember the stone roses from that time, and looking at their singles they didnt even have a big hit. Happy Mondays were a bit bigger….maybe?
You had to be there mate, wasn’t about sales and records it was the zeitgeist. Being in Manchester and going out and reading the news it was massive at the time. Then “Cool Britannia” bollocks came along… which was just popularist bullshit spun by the Blair Labour Party

£50 for snide looking t-shirt?

Most people from that era are around 50+ these days. Probably sell a few to the ageing bucket hat wearers who were listening to the Pet Shop Boys at the time.

Despite falling firmly and squarely into this category I won't be buying the top. PSB still amazing live BTW.

I loved the Madchester scene. But that badge just looks like some cheap plastic shite that melted in the tumble dryer.

You had to be there mate, wasn’t about sales and records it was the zeitgeist. Being in Manchester and going out and reading the news it was massive at the time. Then “Cool Britannia” bollocks came along… which was just popularist bullshit spun by the Blair Labour Party
but not many were there, thats my point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.