“City Matters” fan committee

Why can’t supporters clubs and corporate be part of the points allocation. Why do they need a separate pot?
First of all, not all Hospitality season ticket holders are corporate. Many pay out of their own pocket and many have been as loyal over the years as other season ticket holders. But, as you say, they could potentially be allocated on points.

But true Corporates, like Etihad who have a box, contribute about 10% of our total turnover so if they ask for 6 tickets at Old Trafford for a derby, they're going to get them. As are companies like Hays. That's the way it works whether you like it or not.

As for the OSC, there's another way of looking at it. We often see complaints that our "legacy" fans have been driven out but rising costs and many of those will be OSC members. Why should we deny those fans an occasional ticket to a game they're prepared to make the effort to travel to?

It's really entitled to say that only non-hospitality season ticket holders who've paid for Platinum and have had that ticket for 20 years should have the ability to buy tickets for away games.

It was just over 15 years ago that with 5-6k points you could get a ticket for pretty well every away game. I know because I did just that. The only worry was whether the club would take its full 3k allocation instead of just 1,500, as they were worried they'd have to pay for that other 1.5k and be stuck with most of them. Success is starting to spoil our fanbase.

First of all, not all Hospitality season ticket holders are corporate. Many pay out of their own pocket and many have been as loyal over the years as other season ticket holders. But, as you say, they could potentially be allocated on points.

But true Corporates, like Etihad who have a box, contribute about 10% of our total turnover so if they ask for 6 tickets at Old Trafford for a derby, they're going to get them. As are companies like Hays. That's the way it works whether you like it or not.

As for the OSC, there's another way of looking at it. We often see complaints that our "legacy" fans have been driven out but rising costs and many of those will be OSC members. Why should we deny those fans an occasional ticket to a game they're prepared to make the effort to travel to?

It's really entitled to say that only non-hospitality season ticket holders who've paid for Platinum and have had that ticket for 20 years should have the ability to buy tickets for away games.

It was just over 15 years ago that with 5-6k points you could get a ticket for pretty well every away game. I know because I did just that. The only worry was whether the club would take its full 3k allocation instead of just 1,500, as they were worried they'd have to pay for that other 1.5k and be stuck with most of them. Success is starting to spoil our fanbase.
Success is also helping the club to alienate a lot of our most loyal fans aswell.
There is a fine line between success and failure, on the pitch we are champions, off it, we are championship level.
They have done many things well,but communication is not one them .

At our meeting yesterday, the club accepted that the Madrid match day membership sales were a mistake.

They made the case that they followed the same criteria as Madrid last season and interestingly, that we have never had match day qualifying criteria based upon attendance - any that has existed has been solely due to security. That said, me and a few others pointed out the obvious about Bayern sales, and the general demand for match day sales all season. Appreciate that none of this solves what happened.

Nonetheless, we have agreed to work with the club to develop an approach to match day tickets qualifying criteria.

Whilst we have some to do that, there is the potential that the FA Cup Final and Champions League Final (if we get there) could go down to member sales. In reality, it’s highly unlikely that United will go to match day members. However, to avoid a similar problem to Madrid, they have asked us to put some options forward pretty quickly.

Happy to hear everyone’s views. The way I see it, we could:

• Leave as it is
• Base it on ticket points
• Base it on attendance in the FA Cup
• A blend of the two above

It may be too complicated, but I would base it on FA Cup attendance first (trying to replicate cup scheme membership for season ticket holders) and then have points brackets within.

Edit: Also worth adding that our number one priority, is to add a point around not being eligible for a ticket if you buy membership after the game has been pulled out of the hat.
First up. City Matters is a dead duck.

Time and again views aren't asked for, aren't heard or are ignored. Fair play to anyone wanting to be involved - your prerogative - but since before and after the Super League clusterfuck it's blindingly obvious that the club give no shits whatsoever to its supporter engagement. I'm not sure how many more apologies of "oversight" are needed, time after time for people to understand that.

Second. Anyone with half a brain - which with City ticketing is seemingly very few - will know not to give equal access to a seat for those who've been going for years on a match by match basis, alongside someone walking in off the street...... Unless of course the goal is to increase ticket sales and match day revenue.... which is precisely why they did what they did for Real.

For the club to act surprised at the reaction is either contemptuous, or totally oblivious to reality.

They are honestly taking the piss.

I think someone who has a clear long term history of being a City supporter should not miss out at all over any new fan with one year history but they joined the cup scheme. Still that’s my opinion that clearly suits me. I reckon I will get one though.

It’s as valid opinion as any but the trouble with it is it would totally negate the whole main selling point of joining the cup schemes and I imagine it would lead to a significant down take in people joining.

For that reason, I don’t think the club would ever even entertain thoughts of such an idea.

I think someone who has a clear long term history of being a City supporter should not miss out at all over any new fan with one year history but they joined the cup scheme. Still that’s my opinion that clearly suits me. I reckon I will get one though.
I Agree, your points should get you there and I hope they do.
You’ve probably a reason for not joining the cup scheme and I obviously don’t know your circumstances but to me it makes sense to join even if it’s just for the discounted match tickets, and I suppose the club think that anyone who wants priority for final tickets will join the scheme and gives everyone the opportunity to do so, so I can’t really knock them for that .
Like you say , your points should get you there and there’s a lot worse systems out there, ballots etc ,
Enjoy the game today ..

I watch Wales too and all aways are staggered sales based on loyalty with 100% collection at a city centre hotel. No exceptions. Now nearly every away drops down to open sale so it’s an issue effecting football as a whole.

Agreed. The rules should require clubs like Brentford and Bournemouth to improve their stadia over a set period. The minimum capacity in the PL should be 25,000. Improvements should be tied to the huge Broadcast revenues handed out.
Bournemouth have room behind at least one stand, but Brentford don't. Should they have been forced to find an alternative site? Personally I'd say yes.

Hospitality should be given points just like any other SC holder, it just makes sense. Still struggling to comprehend why a box holder such as Hay’s should be allowed tickets for away games whether it be the derby or Brighton on a wet Wednesday. Just because they have deep pockets. Give them additional home tickets not limited away ones. OSC members aren’t being denied an occasional ticket, if they have the points then they get buy one. I never said only platinum SC holders should have the ability to buy a ticket, if you have the points then get in the queu. I understand that 15 years ago you could buy a ticket on 5-6k points but if you have been a SC holder since then and continued to attend a decent amount of away days then you would probably be over 20k by now and most games will be accessible. What isn’t acceptable in my eyes is that people with little or no affiliation to the club manage to secure tickets to big games over and above fans who travel the length and breadth of the country and have done for years. For only 30-40% of tickets to go to points holders as has been the case this and other seasons is bang out of order IMO. Anyway off to the match now.

Suppose that would depend on who you’d be missing out too, but that’s only 3 games (? is it ) of a 30ish home game season you’re talking about there, so there’s not a lot of information to go at. They could be the only 3 games you’ve ever been to for all I know .

Bottom line is commitment to the cup scheme (all home games just like you ) get you in the hat 1st and loyalty points sorts everything else out.
Going forward, I think, and have said the same on other threads, the cup schemes should be open to members.
It wouldn’t disadvantage any ST holders as not all sign up for cup schemes anyway.

Off topic slightly but I’ve been to a few OSC meetings and found every one of them broadly the same - unfriendly old man cliques and very off putting.

The opportunity to get away tickets and transport to games etc is appealing but I’ve just never found any of them very welcoming.

(I’m in my mid 30s)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.