“City Matters” fan committee

Off topic slightly but I’ve been to a few OSC meetings and found every one of them broadly the same - unfriendly old man cliques and very off putting.

The opportunity to get away tickets and transport to games etc is appealing but I’ve just never found any of them very welcoming.

(I’m in my mid 30s)
Any club meetings (not just football but any committee meetings) are boring and full of old white men in cliques....

Meetings have to be formal so you start with the chairman or secretary opening the meeting followed by the secretary's report, treasurers report, activities report, and anyone else in a sub committees report....
Then questions from the floor...... etc

Supporters clubs used to have current players attend meetings. When we were in the 3rd Division it was great. Every other meeting a current player with an ex player in between.
Then two successive promotions and Joe Royle put a stop to it.
The club put on roadshows for branches in the north / south etc areas of the city at venues they chose.....
It was hard to attract members to meetings after that bar the die hards and only so many ex players doing the rounds.
It completely changed the format of meetings and many a branch folded as a result.

I have 2 reasons for being on all the cup schemes;
1) I sit in my ‘own’ seat
2) the cost.

The people who are complaining about committee meetings just being filled by ‘old white men in cliques’ and the OSC meetings being ‘unfriendly and not welcoming’ … I have chaired committees and been a member of various committees for the past 35 to 40 years (not the same ones but a variety of different reasons, from TU to Education, to Benevolent Associations, to Environment, to Employment and others in between and can state categorically that there have always been a mixture of people of all ages and professions, yes occasionally they are boring but that’s life. :-)

However if these people didn’t do these things then very little would get done and anarchy could result surely?

The one thing I will say though is that every single one of those committees published their minutes! ;-) :-) I just wonder what the secrecy is with the City Matters minutes!

I will say I haven’t checked for the last lot as promised by the committee member who had the courage to come on here last week or the week before.
Well even old women like EB are allowed a few days in the Lake District once every few years!!!! ;-) :-) I just can’t be serious can I?

Slightly off topic but as a lot will be aware phone calls to City presently involve in most cases waits well in excess of what should be reasonably expected in some cases hours on hold only to be cut off before getting through.

Hopefully City matters can raise the issue because in a couple of weeks time we have the potential for FA & Champs league final sales and a relocation window all possibly happening simultaneously and at present how City will handle this doesn't bear thinking about. Hopefully they have a robust plan in place.
Wednesday I was on the line for three hours. Finally got to number one in the queue and was kept waiting forty minutes with the ditty playing before I finally gave up and emailed. Still not heard back. Admittedly it was a relocation day but still.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.