10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree the decision to not involve him at all yesterday was strange given his recent form..but at the end of the day if we take any of the good chances we had, benefit from a bit of VAR luck and not fall victim to a game defining fuck up from Cancelo then no one is questioning the tactics yesterday. Just one of those games that we will move on from quickly.

Pep doesn’t trust him.

Doesn’t start him in huge games.

2-0 down to villa and he turns to Gundo and sterling instead.

Grealish or mahrez should have started today simple as - but it’s becoming evident pep doesn’t trust Jack and we spent £100m on him.

It's odd because before yesterday I'd say Pep had unrivalled trust in him - he's started big games despite being seemingly out of form yet when he's in-form and playing well, he drops him against Liverpool.

I've been barking on all week about him being ideal for the game in terms of him bringing exactly what Pep would usually want in this type of game and he gets benched.

Must be frustrating for him.

I think the point is that a midfielder needs to create assists and chances.
Jack Grealish has the highest xA per 90 in open play in PL last season. He has no problem of creating chances but the problem seems to be no one finish it or he should work on improve the weight of his final pass.

TBH I think that he is extremely unlucky. He created 2 good chances for Halaand in the first two games before his injury but Halaand did not covert them. Otherwise you will see a completely different narrative.

As for this comparation it is clearly pro-Liverpool narrative to attack man city. As a city fan we should stand by our players.

I think the point is that a midfielder needs to create assists and chances.
He does create assists and chances, just not always the final pass. The 'assist' statistic is interesting but ultimately pointless.

The stat from the Fail says more about the way the the Dipper's play than the skill of their keeper. It's essentially percentages hoofball. Their forward players do all the work.

He does create assists and chances, just not always the final pass. The 'assist' statistic is interesting but ultimately pointless.

The stat from the Fail says more about the way the the Dipper's play than the skill of their keeper. It's essentially percentages hoofball. Their forward players do all the work.
Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.