10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Never been a huge fan, myself. Doesn’t bring enough to the table in terms of end product and personally, I don’t buy the “he draws space for other players” argument.

Granted, the price tag isn’t his fault, but 3 goals and 3 assists this season is piss poor.
He hasn't played that many games tbf. Injuries and the robbery incident seem to have derailed his season a bit

I think Pep's playing a blinder here using both Grealish & Doku in these recent games. Jack softens up the opposition & then Doku replaces him running at a more tired opposition.

Don't think it would be as effective in both Real Madrid & Chelsea games if it was the other way round. Plus, it was probably the right time to take off Jack today, who was getting increasingly wound up - with good justification!

I think Pep's playing a blinder here using both Grealish & Doku in these recent games. Jack softens up the opposition & then Doku replaces him running at a more tired opposition.

Don't think it would be as effective in both Real Madrid & Chelsea games if it was the other way round. Plus, it was probably the right time to take off Jack today, who was getting increasingly wound up - with good justification!
Why should Jack work his arse off for 70 mins each time so Doku can come on against tired defenders?

Why can’t Doku just play on the wing he was bought for when Mahrez left and Jack be allowed to shine?

Subbing Jack off every time he’s actually playing well is not going to help with his being “wound up” is it?

Why should Jack work his arse off for 70 mins each time so Doku can come on against tired defenders?

Why can’t Doku just play on the wing he was bought for when Mahrez left and Jack be allowed to shine?

Subbing Jack off every time he’s actually playing well is not going to help with his being “wound up” is it?
It's disgusting the way ppl expect Jack to accept this sort of shitty treatment from Pep. Would they expect any of the other players to do so? Just vile.

If he didn’t look like he’d been shot in the leg after every challenge he might not get subbed off every match.

I actually thought he was our best attacking player in the 60 minutes he played. He was only one who looked fresh, and was constantly dangerous.

I know clutching his ankle in agony every time he’s tackled is part of the act but he needs to dial this down a bit. and his abuse of ref and lino lacks maturity.

It's disgusting the way ppl expect Jack to accept this sort of shitty treatment from Pep. Would they expect any of the other players to do so? Just vile.

But, the problem is that he would find it difficult to find a "greener pasture". His potential move is limited, imo, due to his price tag & wages.

I dont know if Pep has any time for this in the summer with the euros.

But I was hoping he could work with Jack on getting him use to do a "Bernie-like" midfield role next to Rodri, so he can play with Doku, Bobb or Savio, other electric wingers.

He keeps the ball well and physically is pretty strong. He just needs 360 vision, theoretically he should be better than Stones in this role next to Rodri. Perhaps it would open his passing range that we saw in Villa when he had this more central role to playmake.

I think Nunes should also be molded into a similar role, both also have good ball carrying ability.

I think a switch to a 532 or 541, either like Inter or Leverkusen would help this team defensively as well, Grealish and the like would do well in a formatiom like that I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.