10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

It's disgusting the way ppl expect Jack to accept this sort of shitty treatment from Pep. Would they expect any of the other players to do so? Just vile.
I imagine that after nearly 3 years of working together, Jack understands that everything Pep demands of him is for the good of the team, and Pep understands that Jack is a sensitive soul who needs a bit of reassurance.

I think they're happier with each other than you're implying.

Why should Jack work his arse off for 70 mins each time so Doku can come on against tired defenders?

Perhaps because it's a team game and pep, the players and all the fans but a very select few value what the team do more than any one individual?

It's disgusting the way ppl expect Jack to accept this sort of shitty treatment from Pep. Would they expect any of the other players to do so? Just vile.
I've no idea how you've escaped a ban this long, you clearly aren't a city fan. Peps disgusting shitty treatment of a player because he subbed an ineffective player? What a vile man, get rid asap and get Gareth Southgate in! Clown.

Perhaps because it's a team game and pep, the players and all the fans but a very select few value what the team do more than any one individual?

I've no idea how you've escaped a ban this long, you clearly aren't a city fan. Peps disgusting shitty treatment of a player because he subbed an ineffective player? What a vile man, get rid asap and get Gareth Southgate in! Clown.
I agree except Grealish wasn't ineffective,he had a very good game. Pep just decided to change it and was proved right.

If Grealish were going to play centrally, it would have happened this season when we were light in that department. However, his best place is holding the flank. His tactical discipline and willingness to stay out wide is what creates space for others. Mahrez was another who sacrificed his desire to come inside (see some later Leicester performances) for the balance of the team. It’s a thankless task as too many aficionados are obsessed with goals and assists, not with how the team plays, but his return to the field has given us a natural balance that makes us much more effective.

Finding someone similar to do that job on the right is key, as the punishment Grealish receives (he’s often targeted because of his temperament, again contrast Mahrez) makes injuries and absence inevitable.
There wasn't really any time to help him develop in the centre, also Philips was still being tested as well, so I can see why nobody thought to try it yet.

Mahrez still retained alot of what him at Leicester, and contributed loads of goals and assists and getting past his man with his dribblings.

I'm not knocking Grealish on the wing, vital to the treble last season, helps control the tempo and so on.

What I'm saying is that very clearly, Doku is the future of our LW, I want him to be our starter there next season.

I have seen far too much good stuff from Doku that I know we won't get from Grealish, and he will only get better.

Grealish can still rotate with Doku on the wing, but like I said (and I think you said as well), Grealish does have alot of good qualities, that can be translated to the centre, meaning he COULD play with Doku together. I think it's a good idea for next season imo.

This also give Grealish more than one area on the pitch to play.

There wasn't really any time to help him develop in the centre, also Philips was still being tested as well, so I can see why nobody thought to try it yet.

Mahrez still retained alot of what him at Leicester, and contributed loads of goals and assists and getting past his man with his dribblings.

I'm not knocking Grealish on the wing, vital to the treble last season, helps control the tempo and so on.

What I'm saying is that very clearly, Doku is the future of our LW, I want him to be our starter there next season.

I have seen far too much good stuff from Doku that I know we won't get from Grealish, and he will only get better.

Grealish can still rotate with Doku on the wing, but like I said (and I think you said as well), Grealish does have alot of good qualities, that can be translated to the centre, meaning he COULD play with Doku together. I think it's a good idea for next season imo.

This also give Grealish more than one area on the pitch to play.
As I mentioned in #3,120, for me, we need to find a balance of players. Doku has looked exceptional in certain games, especially against tiring defenders, but it will be harder for him in his second season once coaches and defenders study more tape of him. That, in turn, will force us to develop his game further. That might see us play him on the right or through the middle, where, against Newcastle in the FA Cup , we saw that his pace and directness could pose teams problems.

Very few teams have two fullbacks of exceptional quality, so our aim should be to have wide men that can pause and stretch play (Grealish/McAtee) and wide men that are capable of attacking the weaker link (Doku/Savio). If we have those, then the field will be stretched and the combinations inside from the rest will make us extremely difficult to keep out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.