10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Pep gave Grealish the chance to play as an attacking 8 rather than the somewhat rigid left sided forward role he normally plays.
At Villa he showed that he could score and assist but was playing against more open teams. Given how the likes of Bernado, Akanji, Stones, Lewis etc. play in such a variety of positions I am surprised that Jack has not been tried in other roles (apart from a couple of games as false 9 a couple of years ago iirc).

But did we not used to do that in the past with the likes of Sterling and Sane, and for me it was better to watch and we created chances for fun.

With the players we are linked with in the transfer window it looks like that style of play could and hopefully will be returning.
That's true, it was so exciting to watch. We created so many chances and caused havoc to defenders. That's why we outscored every team in all competitions by huge margins in all of Europe. Haaland will thrive better with the kinda of players we are linked to now. I too, hope we get back to that style of play.

That's true, it was so exciting to watch. We created so many chances and caused havoc to defenders. That's why we outscored every team in all competitions by huge margins in all of Europe. Haaland will thrive better with the kinda of players we are linked to now. I too, hope we get back to that style of play.
I don't think that will ever happen with Haaland playing as striker unless he seriously improves his hold up play.

Reading the quotes attributed to Jack about stats based analysis of players it seems clear he is aware of the comments from inside and outside the supporter base. Clearly he feels the pressure if he thinks it is necessary to comment and defend himself which is a real shame for him & the club.
Hope he is able to kick on as has looked like getting back to his last season self since returning from injury

Never been a huge fan, myself. Doesn’t bring enough to the table in terms of end product and personally, I don’t buy the “he draws space for other players” argument.

Granted, the price tag isn’t his fault, but 3 goals and 3 assists this season is piss poor.

I thought he was decenr today as he was on Wednesday. His problem is that we look more like scoring when Doku is on the pitch and pep seems to prefer him on the left. He is still taking too long to get shots off.

I thought he was decenr today as he was on Wednesday. His problem is that we look more like scoring when Doku is on the pitch and pep seems to prefer him on the left. He is still taking too long to get shots off.
Doku has pace Jack doesn't. He can beat defenders but cannot get clear of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.