10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

I dont know if Pep has any time for this in the summer with the euros.

But I was hoping he could work with Jack on getting him use to do a "Bernie-like" midfield role next to Rodri, so he can play with Doku, Bobb or Savio, other electric wingers.

He keeps the ball well and physically is pretty strong. He just needs 360 vision, theoretically he should be better than Stones in this role next to Rodri. Perhaps it would open his passing range that we saw in Villa when he had this more central role to playmake.

I think Nunes should also be molded into a similar role, both also have good ball carrying ability.

I think a switch to a 532 or 541, either like Inter or Leverkusen would help this team defensively as well, Grealish and the like would do well in a formatiom like that I think.

I'd love to see him more central. He's got such great energy, can dribble the ball exceptionally well and just doesn't tend to lose it unless he's fouled. He's got the tempo nailed, he wouldn't run it unnecessarily. When we went into extra time against Real and De Bruyne was blowing, Grealish was exactly the player we could have done with in the centre to make more of the space. He can glide past people and would benefit from being able to go either way rather than being stuck on the left.

Pep tried it once and didn't like it clearly. But he did the same with Stones and eventually tried it again and it worked, so you never know.

We won't be seeing it this season though.

Yes, with a strike rate of about 20% over 20 years, I'm believing nothing neither, on the other hand however it wouldn't be a huge surprise along with a few others maybe that might get mentioned on a slow news day

On Grealish I'm pretty sure the club wouldn't entertain any offers, as thanks to performances we would be lucky to receive half the money that was shelled out in the first place

To be fair, Jack was never 'worth' £100m. Probably £40m / £50m at the time. He didn't set the price, it was daft Txiki playing with other people's money again!

I think we are in danger of seeing one or all of Bernardo, KDB and Walker leaving this summer and, if that is the case, keeping players like Jack would become even more important.
Out of those 4 players, imo Jack is perhaps the least important? He's a likeable personality and keeps possession/can draw a free kick but he can be incredibly frustrating.

The club seems to be happy to let go top quality players but several recent replacements are not of equivalent standards.

I fear when Pep and Txiki move on, in just over 12 months, we will not have a strong enough side to compete for the top honours, moving forward.

You post some nonsense, but thats tops it.

Why? What's upset you now?

Villa set a price that they hobestly didn't think anyone would pay, aimed at keeping Jack for the long term. We paid it.

There was no way he was worth £100m at the time. Maybe in 2024's ridiculously inflated market (i.e. Rice), but not then.

I've been a big fan of Jack for a long time, but I was amazed when we paid so much for him.

Villa set a price that they hobestly didn't think anyone would pay, aimed at keeping Jack for the long term. We paid it.

There was no way he was worth £100m at the time. Maybe in 2024's ridiculously inflated market (i.e. Rice), but not then.

I've been a big fan of Jack for a long time, but I was amazed when we paid so much for him.
Hewas never only worth £40 /50 mill, we did try to pay £85 mill which was about right , but £40 /50 mill that's a ridiculous price.

I'd love to see him more central. He's got such great energy, can dribble the ball exceptionally well and just doesn't tend to lose it unless he's fouled. He's got the tempo nailed, he wouldn't run it unnecessarily. When we went into extra time against Real and De Bruyne was blowing, Grealish was exactly the player we could have done with in the centre to make more of the space. He can glide past people and would benefit from being able to go either way rather than being stuck on the left.

Pep tried it once and didn't like it clearly. But he did the same with Stones and eventually tried it again and it worked, so you never know.

We won't be seeing it this season though.
I was thinking this too. Doku on the left, Jack on the inside of him, able to do his thing and move the ball forward. Left winger, while he can do it, isn't Grealish's best position IMO.

Because Villa didn't want to sell him. They made a huge asking price to put us off but it didn't work. We were adamant about getting him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.