100 Points Club

After we won it in 17/18 once the league was wrapped up we had 5 games to go, winning 4 and drawing 1 to make 100 points, we got them points because the manager and more importantly the team had a ridiculous winning mentality. These clowns are nowhere near where we were that season simply put the greatest top flight side ever.

By the way we scored 29 goals more that season than they have so far this season with Chelsea and Newcastle to play, they'll be lucky to get within 25 of us, worst champions since the last time them red ****s won it

Yes.

Our margin over the rags in the centurion year was 19.

If we win our two remaining games we'll be on 81 points, even if the dippers win their two remaining games (by no means a certainty) they'll be on 99.

18 ahead of us.

The loss at Southampton is even more annoying now!

I'd still like to see us focus on CL and FA and use the squad in the PL. Margin shmargin, it is the 100pts i'm delighted about!

Their fans might have but their players didn't. They were so complacent against Arsenal.

This is not a great team in the way City were. They rely so much on 2-3 great players whilst the rest are ordinary. It's great that their season ends on a flat note and if we have a bit of luck we are going to eclipse them again.

The players tried hard, imo, they ran a lot. Created many chances and conceded few. It's more like their luck and the support from VAR aren't there now. In terms of xG they had one of their better games. But the losses in late February and March took the aura of invincibility away, that was a real psychological blow for them. They were incredibly lucky to win so many games with mediocre performances, now reality is kicking in.

History is written by the victors.

No team in history had achieved it before, No team in history has achieved it since.

Manchester City are the original and only Centurions.

The same fact can be applied to our winning of every available domestic trophy last season but I won’t mention it on here.

I truly hope that our PR & Marketing peeps recognise the positivity surrounding the club this week and get our unique achievements out there into public and sporting consciousness.

Do things when you can, not when you must. Next week could be too late.

I wouldn't be so hard on them for not managing 100 points. It is understandable.

They put so much effort into the cup runs and fully respected every competition they were in. They also did it without ever spending any money, with a team of local lads that play for love and pride. I hear they still have Coutinho money left.

At my age I probably shouldn’t take such childish pleasure from their failure to get 100, but I absolutely do. I was right behind the flight of the ball at Southampton as it bounced in from Jesus and I thought then it was a goal that had set an unbeatable record. So pleased to be proved right, and I love how disappointed the deluded ones are.

At my age I probably shouldn’t take such childish pleasure from their failure to get 100, but I absolutely do. I was right behind the flight of the ball at Southampton as it bounced in from Jesus and I thought then it was a goal that had set an unbeatable record. So pleased to be proved right, and I love how disappointed the deluded ones are.
It’s wrong to suggest It will never be beaten. We might beat it next season.

One thing’s for sure, for as long there’s a chance we can - we’ll keep going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.