100 Points Club

How totally wonderful that the spittle spraying, firework chucking, Scouse low life ****s with their scruffy, toothy, mouthy manager and their shabby, ugly bunch of talentless "hoof it and chase" footballers, once again suffer a humiliating end of season.

I find it almost impossible for me to put into words how much I loathe and detest Liverpool FC and all those associated with that slum dwelling club.

JJ
I thought you put it quite eloquently.

It’s wrong to suggest It will never be beaten. We might beat it next season.

One thing’s for sure, for as long there’s a chance we can - we’ll keep going.
I would love to be proved wrong by us beating our own record, but I genuinely think it is unlikely. If you look at that season we did it, three times we scored 94+ minute winners, Southampton twice and Bournemouth, whilst Palace missed an injury time penalty against us. So much has to fall right and there is so little margin for error, I think there is a good reason it has only ever been done once and it is great it was us that did it.

The thing is, I don’t think they’ve dropped off. They’ve been as shit all season but somehow they get results even when playing shite. Ironically, last night we were shite and got a result. Don’t get me wrong, they deserve the league but the amount of times they’ve been shit and still won is unbelievable. The law of averages states it had to end sometime and now it’s finally coming home to roost.
Absolutely, repeatedly winning when not playing well is the mark of champions and so they, deservedly (if you ignore the VAR & referee bias), are champions. What they are not is great champions.Won one out of only two real competitions they attempted, fewer trophies than us last year, fewer points than Centurions, more games lost than Invincibles and the Chelsea team that lost (and drew) only to us. What is remarkable about their achievement is that, with all that 'istree, it took them 30 years to win it again. The one record they have achieved is the unprecedented volume of smoke blown up their arse by the media.

I thought you put it quite eloquently.
I so agree with this. I generally consider myself an articulate person, but my detestation of what they represent and the rancid characteristics of almost all of their support, often leaves me struggling to put a coherent sentence together where they are concerned.

I would love to be proved wrong by us beating our own record, but I genuinely think it is unlikely. If you look at that season we did it, three times we scored 94+ minute winners, Southampton twice and Bournemouth, whilst Palace missed an injury time penalty against us. So much has to fall right and there is so little margin for error, I think there is a good reason it has only ever been done once and it is great it was us that did it.

Yet we had decisions given against us, e.g. the game with Manure where Young made a brutal foul on Sergio and the referee didn't give a pen.

We won 98 pts last season despite Kevin being out for many games and contributing little in the others. IF we make successful signings this summer, say Koulibaly and Alaba, we can go to 100 pts again, imo.

And with VAR, Lee Mason, Jonny, Kanute Kavanagh (see Carlo Ancelotti), Michael Bottler, et al, we are up against it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.