11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

He doesn't do anything. Yesterday he was given the ball in promising positions over and over again and failed to beat his man.

I remember when we signed Sterling and Sane. Despite both being frustrating they had some end product. Doku just doesn't. If he does beat his man he often ends up kicking the ball straight at the defender.

He doesn't do anything. Yesterday he was given the ball in promising positions over and over again and failed to beat his man.

I remember when we signed Sterling and Sane. Despite both being frustrating they had some end product. Doku just doesn't. If he does beat his man he often ends up kicking the ball straight at the defender.
Poor game today, I thought many times in the first half he went missing when a ball was often on, not the same player since his injury.

Just don't like him as a player. I've never really warmed to this type of player because they're incompatible with a Pep team. His end product is nonexistent, he always seems overly anxious and he's not good enough to knit close passes together in the final third like the rest of our players. Basically, he's a little better than Adama Traore.

Happily give him time because Pep players take a notoriously long time to adapt, but I don't think he'll make it here.

There's no way he's a better player than Bobb and Palmer.

Poor game today, I thought many times in the first half he went missing when a ball was often on, not the same player since his injury.
It's not just that for me. It's that he offers nothing off the ball either. All season he's never once made the run in behind the fullback or between the fullback/CB. He's too static.

Just don't like him as a player. I've never really warmed to this type of player because they're incompatible with a Pep team. His end product is nonexistent, he always seems overly anxious and he's not good enough to knit close passes together in the final third like the rest of our players. Basically, he's a little better than Adama Traore.

Happily give him time because Pep players take a notoriously long time to adapt, but I don't think he'll make it here.

There's no way he's a better player than Bobb and Palmer.

I'm inclined to think Bobb or Palmer is a better player than him at the moment. So far, he looks rather limited in what he can do.

He was given so many balls and space against Chelsea. He could have attacked more aggressively and should have created chances, but what he often did was to waste time by pausing to take on the defender/s and then passing back mechanically time and again. It slowed down our attack and can be frustrating esp. when we were behind, and needed to score goals.

He is a right winger and used to play mostly on the right before City. Pep could train him to take on a RW role.

Last edited:
So make the pitch even narrower with Foden cutting in from the other side? The mistake Pep made was starting Alvarez over Bernado. He then made another by not moving Foden centrally when Bernie came on
Presumably Bernardo wasn't able to play the full match after his ankle knock in the previous match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.