11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

His pace is a bit of a myth…..he’s very quick over 5 yards and hence why he needs the ball on the edge of the box but he’s not going win a race from the halfway line because he just hasn’t got the stamina…..like a Sane or Sterling.

To be fair he was faced by two players every time he attacked the fullback.

He definitely needs another trick because yesterday he was too predictable.

His pace isn’t a myth; it is exactly as you state: there for short bursts.

What is also important is that he can take the ball with him when he accelerates rapidly.

we deffo need a proper offensive LB behind him or a someone like Gundo/Foden who can operate the left half space by breaking into the box as a runner with good rythm.

its true often two defenders mark Doku, but we have none to make an advantage of it. an overlapping LB (not Gvardiol or Ake) or Gundo trying to make a run in the box to disturb the two marker or pick up the ball unmarked in the box to create panic.

much more movement needed in/around the box by Haaland, Alvarez, Foden etc.

sometimes they double up on Doku and on Haaland but others not really making advantage of it.

The criticism feels over the top. He was double-marked, and I can't recall Ake making a single overlapping run. What's he expected to do?

I love Grealish and defend him more than most, but I don't know what he would have done out there, either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.