115 Charges - FAQs

Yep. I think the closest CAS got to calling it a witch hunt was when they said that some of the allegations were based on “innuendo”. Obviously that’s not the same as saying it’s a witch hunt but even if CAS believed it was, I think they have to be diplomatic and would never use such terminology.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that reading between the lines of the CAS verdict, they thought that a lot of the claims against us were laughable but they can’t come out and say that.

One of their key points was they thought that based on evidence that was only presented to them though and wasn’t available to Uefa, they agreed with Uefas position that they were right to prosecute.

Maybe but I was asked

Only one thing to add, really. If the last few weeks have taught us anything, it is that sporting advantage leads to sporting sanction. I suppose you agree Chelsea obtained a sporting advantage by signing much-wanted players unfairly? I think hopes of a fine are misplaced whatever the mitigating factors. Anyway, not the place, I guess.

One of their key points was they thought that based on evidence that was only presented to them though and wasn’t available to Uefa, they agreed with Uefas position that they were right to prosecute.

Much the same position with the PL, I think.

Only one thing to add, really. If the last few weeks have taught us anything, it is that sporting advantage leads to sporting sanction. I suppose you agree Chelsea obtained a sporting advantage by signing much-wanted players unfairly? I think hopes of a fine are misplaced whatever the mitigating factors. Anyway, not the place, I guess.
Selfish as I am I am happy that Everton are challenging their points deduction as it will for sure expose that statement from the IC that in effect a fine not being relevant when you have rich owners.

Of course Chelsea gained a sporting advantage it would be churlish to argue otherwise .
If you read the last paragraph of my posting I said and still believe that there will be a points deduction alongside a fine.
The extent of any deduction will be mitigated by way of self disclosure

The point of it is tho, if something as inconsequential as a few out of context emails on a hacked case could start a four year long forensic investigation into a teams accounts then why would you not use some of the vast resources available to you as the overseer of a multi billion pound sport to make sure that each and every club is adhering to the same rules.
Exactly. ‘Not having the required resources’ is a nonsense of an excuse. The PL is a multi billion pound industry. They have an obligation to acquire and implement the correct amount of required resources. Just to cherry pick certain clubs to investigate and not others, tells you all you need to know about how the PL is run and administered.

Am I right in thinking that at least a proportion of the Etisalat and the Mancini additional payments occurred prior to FFP even being implemented, meaning there would be no FFP to circumnavigate - meaning there is possibly another explanation?

Question. And sorry if it’s been covered already. Are we in the clear for the period after 2018/19 or have they not yet investigated or revealed an investigation, the seasons since?

Question. And sorry if it’s been covered already. Are we in the clear for the period after 2018/19 or have they not yet investigated or revealed an investigation, the seasons since?
I'm not so well up as some regarding our finances but since 2018 we seem to have spent comparatively little yet earned a hell of a lot so reckon we're in the clear.

That'll depend whether or not they believe we've stopped doing whatever it is they believe we were doing in earlier years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.