115 Charges - FAQs

Well done @Chris in London, that’s a great post. From my point of view one aspect of this whole shit show that is often over looked is the club’s unequivocal and categorical denial of wrong doing as presented at CAS. This relates in particular to the allegations concerning sponsorship funds. The club’s defence consisted of written submissions and evidence given under oath ie CAS is a Swiss Court of Law. It seems reasonable to assume these will be necessary again for the IC process. So if the IC determine the club breached “disguised equity funding” rules they will have to state that executives of City, Etihad Airways, Etisalat lied in their submissions and provided false statements. It wIll also mean the evidence submitted to CAS was in fact criminal ie perjury. btw The same applies to the UAE Government witness who also provided evidence in defence of the club at CAS. The implications of such a scenario are mind boggling, just where would that leave the “relationship“ between City and the UAE and the PL.

Last edited:
Could someone post the killer line(s) from the CAS report that rebukes the rival fan’s “time-barred” jibes? Thanks.

Every time fans of other clubs try and stab me through the heart with '115!!' (and it honestly doesn't disturb me at all), I look 'em in the eye and say 'Right, where's your evidence? You haven't got the tiniest shred of evidence of wrongdoing'. To-date, no-one has come up with evidence to my face. One or two say 'Someone told me that City............' I usually say that this 'someone must be a witness - tell this someone to talk to the Prem'.

What we do know is that the Prem's handling of the whole thing has been catastrophically bad. Despite years of preparation by their elite lawyers, the Prem still published multiple incorrect charges against us. And given that Arsenal are arguably the main complainers, the Prem saw fit to appoint an Arsenal club member and season ticket holder to chair the so-called independent panel - the kangaroo court. Big big mistake. No natural justice.

The kangaroo court will screw us over (or at least try to), but we'll eventually get this to a court of law. Before the hard facts are considered, the Prem's mistakes will be amplified. I trust our legal team to prove our case beyond a shadow of doubt once we have established at the start of proceedings the Prem's incompetence.

FFP/P&S are soviet type constructs designed to prevent the owner of a business from expanding it to challenge the existing giants. In the west, businesses are allowed to rise and fall. Those running football seem to believe that the sport is a special case. It's not. Reminds me of instances where a footballer clearly commits a violent assault - the likes of Shearer say 'Let football deal with this' as though the game is exempt from the rule of law.

Every time fans of other clubs try and stab me through the heart with '115!!' (and it honestly doesn't disturb me at all), I look 'em in the eye and say 'Right, where's your evidence? You haven't got the tiniest shred of evidence of wrongdoing'. To-date, no-one has come up with evidence to my face. One or two say 'Someone told me that City............' I usually say that this 'someone must be a witness - tell this someone to talk to the Prem'.

What we do know is that the Prem's handling of the whole thing has been catastrophically bad. Despite years of preparation by their elite lawyers, the Prem still published multiple incorrect charges against us. And given that Arsenal are arguably the main complainers, the Prem saw fit to appoint an Arsenal club member and season ticket holder to chair the so-called independent panel - the kangaroo court. Big big mistake. No natural justice.

The kangaroo court will screw us over (or at least try to), but we'll eventually get this to a court of law. Before the hard facts are considered, the Prem's mistakes will be amplified. I trust our legal team to prove our case beyond a shadow of doubt once we have established at the start of proceedings the Prem's incompetence.

FFP/P&S are soviet type constructs designed to prevent the owner of a business from expanding it to challenge the existing giants. In the west, businesses are allowed to rise and fall. Those running football seem to believe that the sport is a special case. It's not. Reminds me of instances where a footballer clearly commits a violent assault - the likes of Shearer say 'Let football deal with this' as though the game is exempt from the rule of law.
same here it’s so annoying with other fan just bringing up the 115 charges whenever we won a game against them.
I have learnt from someone on this forum, best reply is “go ahead, name the 115 charges” it always shut them up right away lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.