14 years since this classic City/Tevez moment - vs United 2010 LC semi

I loved that League Cup semi-final 1st leg win over them however being kept in for twenty odd minutes at the swamp after the second leg and having to listen to Que Sera Sera on loop means I'd sooner forget the entire tie.

What gets forgotten is how we were the better team in the second leg until Craig Bellamy was disgracefully hit by bottles at the corner flag. We switched off at that point and conceded the opening goal shortly afterwards. There's no doubt we were in the Rags' heads at that point. Some 14 years later and they've seen everything flip in that time.

What gets forgotten is how we were the better team in the second leg until Craig Bellamy was disgracefully hit by bottles at the corner flag. We switched off at that point and conceded the opening goal shortly afterwards. There's no doubt we were in the Rags' heads at that point. Some 14 years later and they've seen everything flip in that time.

Tevez equaliser was a brilliant finish.

My brother and I were stood next the the away fans, and I remember some **** brought a snooker ball and chucked it into us when we scored. Coins rained down on us for a while, made about £3.20.

Yes remember it well, remember the first leg being postponed due to the heavy snow we can at the beginning on January that year as well,

Welcome to Manchester -
The Tevez celebration

One of the great moments from the early takeover days and not often mentioned, probably due to all the even bigger moments that have happened since - Tevez and his classic celebration against the rags in the 2010 league cup semi 1st leg. Even though we went on to lose the 2nd leg, this felt like a big moment and the first punch we landed on their jaw before we ultimately put them down on their arse in the years that followed.

View attachment 104695
View attachment 104697

Don’t you wish we had Bellamy to take corners these days. Chaos!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.